Cognitive

Valentina perched herself on the corner of her bed with a heavy heart she scoffed,"You think I'm crazy huh? I'm not the hell crazy!".

Raking her fingers through her scalp to soothe her fiery nerves she concurred," A crazy motherfucker would not have planned as I. You should've seen how I outlined it all. That whole week prior I was sweet as pie to the woman; as pure and wholeheartedly I could muster."

Valentina closed her eyes recollecting the events that transpired the week of.

When the clock struck twelve, Valentina would faithfully crack the woman's door. She'd peek her head and hand through the door, whilst holding a light that's shielding by a covering. She would stand there quiet as a mouse, timing her breathing so it wouldn't be heard.

With the lightest touch, Valentina would lift the covering off the light so that only a small portion of the lucid light would cast on the eye. For exactly seven nights she did this, seven prolix nights precisely at midnight.

"You know...EVERY damn time i went into that room the eye was shut tight." She hissed.

Pulling her knees to her chest rubbing her legs she spat,"How can I complete my task like that? i don't feel like I have to harm her; it's that damn eye that has to go. Her ungodly eye."

Each morning daily Valentina would go to her room with a million dollar smile and voice that just hugged your heart asking how the old ladies slumber was. It was no way that she knew every night around midnight that Valentina watched as she slept as if she was Joe from You.

"On that eighth night, I moved as one with the wind. You would've thought stealth was my middle name when I opened her door." She boasted stretching her achy legs.

Valentina could recall the clock hands moving more steadily than her own. She never felt power within herself stronger than in that moment. She just knew everything would go accordingly.

"Her ass was laying there with no clue that I was at her door" Valentina mumbled while shaking her head at the memory. "You know she started to turn in her sleep...You think I was scared right? Tuh don't know me at all."

Valentina began to picture the gloomy night. The room was engulfed in pure darkness. She knew the woman could not see her peeking through the door. She lightly pushed the door barely touching it with her fingertips. She put her head completely through, in hand the covered light source. Abruptly the matriarch rose to a sitting position and trembled,"Who is it?! Who's at my door??!?!"

Valentina stood as still as a statue. She held that position for a complete hour; as the old lady didn't lay down again either.

The woman just sat there with attentive ears. She had caught Valentina by surprise when she heard sniffling and low sobs echoing out of the older woman's mouth. The lady was allowing panic to set in as she was sitting in her bed waiting for the unknown to happen.

"It's obvious she knew I was there.obviously she couldn't see me but oh I know sure as hell she felt me. As of that moment she knew that Death awaited her." Valentina implored sitting down in her wooden chair, closing her eyes to live in the moment.

Valentina had begun to lift the shield of the light meticulously slow, inch by inch, until a small portion could be seen. As she trailed the figure of the lady Valentina mouth dropped in shock seeing the very eye that has caused her so much despair—that stonefish eye! The eye was ruthless open—wide open.

That did nothing but antagonize Valentina more, her anger started to build as she was faced with it looking at her ear. Almost peering through very soul. She couldn't picture the elderly woman's face at all. All she saw was the eye, and that eye alone. The cold hazel eye. Yet the blood aimlessly flowing throughout her petite body began to feel frigid.

Thoughts?Vote & Comment🫶🏽Fun fact : Edgar Allen Poe is one of my all time favorite authors 🫱🏽‍🫲🏾𓂀 𝓛𝒾𝒶 𓂀

Thoughts?
Vote & Comment🫶🏽
Fun fact : Edgar Allen Poe is one of my all time favorite authors 🫱🏽‍🫲🏾
𓂀 𝓛𝒾𝒶 𓂀