Roach or Destiny

While I was preparing some of my headache medicine and some salve for wounds and injuries, I looked off the window, the storm was brewing.

I was startled by the sound of hooves against muddy earth; I am definitely not used to visitors, I have no friends, no family, no one...

let alone the fact that someone would come to my house in the woods where only god knows what creatures are lurking around... in the middle of a storm like this one, yeah no.

I stopped on my heels and headed straight to the door, dagger in hand- ready to fight for my peace.

well, I didn't expect to find a man, half dead face in the mud , his horse nudging him ; trying to keep his owner alive as best as it could.

Well, she did a great job delivering him to me, or was it fate ? what do the villagers call it ? ah ! Destiny.

The minute I opened the door and stood out the horse noticed me and started to panic, I ran to her and started to calm her "easy girl, easy"

"I am here to help", I looked at the man lying on the ground and I went over to him, I flipped him over so I can see him and examine him better and that earned me a groan from him before he fell unconscious.

I started to examine him for any fatal injuries and oh boy... Ghoul's bites, two of them, and an injury on his back seems like a sword, the wound was very deep.

The poison from a Ghoul's bite would kill any human, well shit.

we've got two of them in hand and a bone deep cut on the back.

I was quick to check for pulse.

I will be damned, the man is alive, that alone is beyond my comprehension..

I started to drag him inside my house that's when I noticed his necklace shine, A Witcher...

well, that explains a lot..

I managed to get him inside but I had no idea how I would get him to my room upstairs,

god give me strength..

after multiple attempts he was up there and in my bed, I started taking off his armor pieces which were already damaged, and I took of his shirt to observe his wounds better.

I ran downstairs and got my herbs and potions, and of course a bucket full of water and a cloth, I started cleaning his wounds, and his face that was buried in the mud.

He had two bites, one on the shoulder, and another on the his left leg.

I cut his trousers around the bite and I started cleaning it with water before I started treating it, it took me a hot 15 minutes to make a salve for the wounds and a potion to stop the poison from spreading , to fight the poison and crush it, for this I needed to use my powers, I wanted to save him.

I did the same with his shoulder injury.

I already dealt with his back cut, it will hurt, but it's a deep cut of course it will take a while to heal, I am not god.

I gathered his stuff in a hurry and ran down stairs to get more of the salve before I used my powers to heal him and get my potion for the poison.

I ran upstairs again I put all my stuff on my nightstand and before I could touch him, his eyes shot open and he grabbed my wrist and yanked me over, I nearly stumbled and fell on his chest, I tried to balance myself, he had both my wrists in each hand and my nose was less than an inch away from his.

His breathing is heavy, Sweat beads forming on his forehead, he tensed, his golden eyes burning as he looked at me the fire from the fireplace highlighting his face making him ridiculously handsome and it was really not the time for me to admire his face or his features.