1: Everyone Loves Patrick Kane

"Hey Delilah!" My older sister Lily said over the phone.

"Hi Lils, how are you?" I replied as I cleaned up my messy apartment.

"I'm great! You'll never guess what happened last night on my date with Ty," she said excitedly. Ty was her boyfriend. They had been going out for a year and a half and he had asked me a few weeks ago how he should pop the question to Lily.

"Did he propose?"

"Yes!" She squealed.

"Wow, congrats Lily! Do you know when the wedding's going to be?" I asked.

"We were thinking some time in July, so since it's December now, we should have plenty of time to prepare. We have to go out to lunch soon to talk about it."

"Definitely," I smiled. Lily's happiness was always contagious.

"Oh and one more thing before I let you go. I want you to be the maid of honor."

My eyes went wide and I stopped what I was doing. "Are you serious?"

"Of course! We're pretty close for sisters so why not?"

"Wow, thanks Lil. I've always wanted to be in a wedding," I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Well, I've gotta run. I'll talk to you later Delilah."

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I can't believe she's getting married. I was a little jealous of Lily. She was always the perfect child: good grades, good looks, good boyfriend- she had it all. I hated high school, since I wanted to be a photographer I didn't need the classes they offered there so I never tried.

I wish I was as good as Lily.

---

THE NEXT WEEK

I rummaged through my closet to look for a dress. Ty had picked out his best man and Lily wanted us to meet. We were going to some club a little bit away from my Chicago apartment.

I finally picked out a black dress that went a little lower than mid-thigh. Classy enough. I showered, put on some makeup, and curled my long brown hair before putting my dress on and grabbing my heels. I waited until Lily texted me that she was outside.

"Hey," I said as I got into the passenger seat.

"Ready to go? This is gonna be so fun!" She said as she drove.

"What's the best man's name again?"

"Patrick. I think you'll like him. You're going to have to, I mean you'll be dancing at the wedding together."

"Yeah, okay." I mumbled.

We arrived at the club and made our way inside. It was super loud and my eyes had to adjust to the dim lighting. Lily led me over to where Ty and Patrick were sitting.

Lily sat next to Ty and have him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey Ty," I said as I gave him a short hug.

The guy sitting on the other side of the table stood up. "Hi, I'm Patrick," he shook my hand. The first thing I noticed were his bright blue eyes. They were by far the prettiest eyes I had ever seen. The second thing I noticed was that he was Patrick Kane.

I shook myself out of my little daze. "Delilah. It's nice to meet you."

Lily and Ty stood up. "Well, we're going to get a drink. See you guys later."

I looked over at Patrick and saw he was checking out some other girls. He even winked at one of them. I rolled my eyes at his rudeness and took my phone out of my purse. "What are you doing?" He asked as he pulled my phone out of my grasp.

"Hey! Give me my phone back," I demanded.

He smirked. "I don't think so. Why would anyone even want to be on their phone while I'm around?"

"Cocky much?" I muttered, shaking my head at his arrogant attitude. "Look, just give me my phone back. I really don't care that you're a famous hockey player."

He held my phone even farther out of my reach. "C'mon, everyone loves Patrick Kane."

I shrugged. "I'm actually more of a Toews girl myself."

His eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched. I could tell I had annoyed him and I smirked. "Whatever. Take your phone back. I don't want to talk to someone as rude as you." He said.

"Fine."

"Fine."