Talk With Aslan

Aslan and Sung had been talking for the last 4 hours about not just Narnia, but their lives and what has been going on with Narnia and the human world that Aslan knows of.

"Narnia was not always like this, it was once a peaceful land filled with talking animals, trees and it was a time of prosperity. That all changed when The White Witch appeared. She caat a dreadful curse over Narnia casting Narnia into an eternal winter so she can be strengthened further by staying in an environment full of snow."

"So The White Witch showed up and tried to take control?"

"Yes, I am only keeping her power at bay, but I can't defeat her completely."

"Forgive me for saying, but why can't you just defeat the witch yourself? From the pressure I felt from you, I feel that you could easily defeat her as I could sense hee presence when I first arrived here, but it was barely stronger than me and that's not including all my summons."

"Sorry, did you say summons"

"Yes, I realize I have not fully explained my origins."

Aslan was at first shocked when he heard the human say that the witch was barely stronger than him but decided to ask him again if he needed to after hearing his story. Aslan then gestured to Sung to begin his story of how he came to be.

"So I was once called 'The Weakest E-Rank Hunter' until I came upon what's called a 'Double Dungeon' A dungeon in and of itself is where one would go through a portal and reach a much smaller world than a world like this where one fought beasts and eventually a much stronger beast at the center of the world called a 'Boss'. This 'Boss' was either of the same type, a variation of the same type, or even a completely different type of monster to what one would fight throughout the dungeon."

"This dungeon concept you speak of sounds very interesting and one that I have never come across. Please tell me more."

"Of course. So I had just barely made it through a D-Rank dungeon without any major injuries thanks to my friend who was a B-Rank healer, when my party came upon a massive door. There were rumors that if you came upon another entrance inside a dungeon, then it was considered a 'Double Dungeon'. Most saw this as a myth but wouldn't dismiss it if they found it right in front of them. We decided to enter and what we found was the stuff of nightmares."

At this point Aslan was enraptured by the story as he had never heard anything like it. The human world that he knows is not nearly that advanced and didn't have anything like what he was hearing and he couldn't wait to hear what was going to happen.

"......So I thought that it might have been related to the tablet we saw the statue holding.... How wrong we were."

"They all died??"

"Not all, 6 were able to survive including me, but three of them had left the rest of us to die. There were only myself, my healer friend, and our elected party leader left. At least one needed to remain on the alter and I had lost my leg and the healer was suffering from mana exhaustion from trying to heal me so I asked the party leader to take her out and I would stay to make sure they survived."

"If you died there, how are you alive right now? From what you told me, after the doors closed you would have been attacked by the rest of the statues."

"You're right. I was attacked by the remaining statues and in my final moments I heard a voice and saw a what's called a dialogue box or text box in front of me. It asked if I wanted to live. Of course I thought I was hallucinating but I said yes because on the off chance it was true, then I could live. After I closed my eyes for what I thought was the last time, I was surprised to find I had awoken in a hospital and found that my body was completely healed and my leg was even regenerated....."

(Another 4 hours later)

"That is some story. That system as you call it had helped you to become the strongest in your world and even help you to defeat beings from other worlds that were just as strong or slightly weaker than you at the time. And you say that it gave you the capability to summon the dead and have them fight for you?"

"Yes, I became 'The Shadow Monarch' and could summon allies from those that were defeated."

"You said you were called 'The Shadow Monarch' how does that relate to summoning the dead?"

"Oh, that. I was confused at first when I found out my title."

Sung then summoned a couple of his normal infantry soldiers from his shadow and it was then that Aslan actually saw the millions of beings inside Sung's shadow and did the lion equivalent of dropping his jaw and he didn't speak for several minutes.

"It isn't very often that I can be surprised and I can't believe I didn't sense the sheer number of shadow summons you were carrying with you. I can now understand how you said The White Witch was barely stronger than just you. Your base strength is close to what I can sense from the witch but she wouldn't stand a chance against your entire army which can even grow as you fight more enemies. I just wish I could have you to help me fight the witch

"Why can't you?"

"There is a prophecy, it states that there will come a time when two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve will arrive in Narnia and end the reign of The White Witch. I am bound by the deep magic that was written to govern all of Narnia and so until certain conditions are met, I can not act directly against her or Narnia will perish."

"I am guessing that the prophecy involves humans from the other world that you are familiar with?"

"Yes, they will arrive and help to end the witch and rule over all of Narnia as their saviors. I was hoping I could ask that when they arrive you try to help them on my behalf while I look for a way to send you back to your world. As you have already said, the portal that brought you here has disappeared."

"Yes, I have no problem doing that. In the meantime I'd like to explore this world and can even help to protect those that are your allies against the witch as my army is more than enough to be spread throughout your world."

"That would be much appreciated, although I would ask if you have your summons stay away from the area surrounding the lampost as if the prophesized arrive I don't want to scare them away."

"That is no problem."

Sung then offered his hand and Aslan offered his paw and a deal was struck. The two continued to talk as they explored the world and Sung found out the history of Narnia and he had to say it was fascinating.