Prolouge: Sword Art Online

"Alright...! Ready to play!" A young male exclaimed as he finished setting up his custom made NerveGear.

This man was Nanu Kanzaki. A 20 year old male enrolled in a local university in Tokyo Japan. The year is 20xx. Virtual reality games are all the rage in this world. And no, we aren't talking about Nepulus VR headsets, we're talking about diving into a whole virtual world, person unconscious in the real world. This tech is called Full Dive, and the brilliant pioneer of it all is a man named Akihiko Kayaba. He's also the man who created this world's biggest phenomenon. A Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game, or VRMMORPG for short. And today is the launch day of Sword Art Online's official servers. Why was Nanu so excited about this game? He was a beta tester for Sword Art Online (SAO for short) a couple years before it's release. Of course, at that time, things were way different about the game, and there have been plenty of changes and bug fixes. Hence his excitement.

"Right then. Everything is set up... Internet connection is all green... And I have a steak defrosting and ready to cook once I get out." Nanu talks to himself as admires his set up. "Perfect! Time to log in and start grinding!" The man says and hops into his bed, placing the VR contraption on his head.

Little did he know, this game would soon become his life...