Chapter 1| Lost Hope

Life is truly unpredictable. One moment you might feel like the king of the world who own every happiness he or she ever wanted and then the next moment your life comes crashing down and you feel like you no longer deserve even 10 percent of that happiness. That was what life did to Khushi at just the age of 10. But before we get ahead of ourselves and dive in to the horrors of the past, lets meet and explore the present life of Khushi.

Khushi Sharma was a 21 year old girl who lived in the small apartment complex of Minal sector for the past 11 years of her life. Her life was never like one would imagine, but she didn't mind or lets say she couldn't mind even if she wanted to. Khushi was a beautiful and smart girl, though she never believed it herself. But her intelligence was one gift which helped her gain that one opportunity which she would have never been able to have before. Her Education. Being a Topper throughout School, Khushi had been able to gain full scholarship to attend one of the best colleges in Delhi. Currently she was pursuing the last year of her Btech degree in Computer Science field.

The small apartment Complex in Minal Sector was a 3BHK flat which held a family of 6. Khushi lived in that house with her Chacha and Chachi along with her cousin brother and her cousin sister and her Dadi. Living in this house was not an easy job. In fact it was torture to say any less. Khushi's Chachi hated her for god knows what reason. But living in that house she felt no less than Cinderella just one thing being different is that she was never going to meet her prince charming at a ball who would change her life like in the fairly tale.

Chachi:"Khushi!!!!!!! Khushi!!!!"(The voice of Joyti sharma, Chachi of Khushi, Rang in the house)"Khushi get here this very instance!"(She yelled early at 8 am in the morning)

Khushi rushed out of her room, Well technically her and her Dadi's room, to the living room.  Khushi was in her room combing her long black hair in a braid as she got ready for college when she heard her chachi's screams. It was already 8 and her college starts at 9 and she didn't want to be late.

Khushi:"Ji Chachiji?" Translation:" Yes Chachiji?"

Chachi:(angrily)"What is this Khushi? "(She said pointing at the packed lunch kept on the table)

Khushi:"I..."(She looked shocked as she saw chachaji's lunch set on the table open and already had few bites eaten from it)"how did this happen? I..I had packed everything properly"

Chachi:"Oh...So now your gonna lie"

Khushi:"What.. I no..I.."(Just as she looked at the table trying to solve the mystery of the lunch box, Her 7 year old cousin sister came running to the hall)

Anuja:"Mummaaaa my shoesssss"

Chachi:"Not now Anu.. Ask your Bhaiya to help you"(She said pointing to Arun, Khushi's 2nd cousin who was in 1 year of college)

Arun:"Maa I am already late. Don't trouble me"

Anuja:"mummaaaa"

Chachi:"Anu please beta.."

Anuja:"Khushi didi help me na"(She tugged Khushi's hands who kept looking at the lunch box)

Chachi:(yelling at Khushi)"Now where you standing like a ghost. Go pack another lunch box for your Chacha. And help Anuja also. And while your at it. Make me some tea"(She said as she settled on the sofa and turned on the TV)

Khushi looked at the clock to see it being 8:15 already. She would never make it to college on time. She looked at her lunch box and sighed as she packed another lunch box for her Chachaji before keeping the half eaten food in the kitchen. She quickly made Tea for her Chachi before helping Anuja with her shoes. After everything, she rushed to her room to grab her bag and saw her dadi sitting in the balcony looking at the calmness outside. Khushi smiled as she moved to her Dadi and touched her feet.