Chapter 12 | First Conversation

After few mins, Khushi exited the washroom to see Manish same as she left him. She hesitatingly walked to her side of the bed and sat down. She kept fidgeting with her fingers trying to come up with a way to start the conversation. Manish who looked up and saw Khushi looking quite nervous for some reason.

Manish:"Tomorrow after college we have to registrar our marriage. Dadu was saying he placed a booking for tomorrow. So keep your documents ready"

Khushi remembered how Dadu had brought this topic up at dinner. He wanted Manish and Khushi to registrar their marriage in court. Though this was a longer process but due to their rushed marriage, Dadu had to talk to someone on the inside to help quicken the process.

Khushi :"okay. What all will be needed?"

Manish:"Normal proof of Identity and Address. I think your birth certification and Aadhar card should work just fine."

Khushi nodded as she felt thankful that they had gone to get her stuff. Most of all her documents were at chachi's house only. Khushi then took a deep breath trying to bring up the topic she wanted to discuss.

Khushi :"umm"

Manish:(looked up)"hmm?"

Khushi :"Actually I wanted to talk to you about something."

Manish:"yes say"

Khushi :"I..Actually this happened so suddenly. I mean this marriage I am sure you weren't ready and nor was I. But now things are so complicated and nothing will ever be same as before"

She said looking at her hands while Manish sat up straight. Though he knew one day they both would have to talk about this whole situation but he never really imagined how this conversation would go.

Khushi :"I wanted to ask about tomorrow. About college."

Manish:(confused a little)"What about college?"

Khushi :"So you.. I mean what will we say about our relation there?"

Manish:"Huh?"

Khushi :(took a deep breath before she rambled out all her thought)"See I maybe overthinking here but we need to clear things out so there is no misunderstanding later. No one in our college know anything about this marriage and it will be surely a shock for everyone. I don't particular care about others but you might not like the attention people give to these stupid things. Manish I hate being the center of attraction, Until now I had decided to not tell anyone except my best friend Pihu about this incident. Others wouldn't even care about it because I am just a quite introvert at college. But when I discovered we go to the same college things got complicated. Your my senior. I am not sure  if you would want to tell your friends about this. I am sure you will have multiple friends and this thing will spread for sure. So I am just so confused what are we to do? do you want to hide this? Would you.. feel ashamed  if .."

Manish:(cut her rambling off)"No Khushi . Why would I feel Ashamed? (He took a deep breath as Khushi looked up at him)"We should have had this conversation before. But it's better late then never. Khushi I know our situation is quite weird. Most people won't even believe it if they hadn't seen it from their own eyes. Heck even if I saw such a scene in movies, I would find it unrealistic but ironically this happened in real life to us. But Khushi neither you or me are to be blamed for it. That day my mind was messed up. I have never thought about my marriage in my life and suddenly I was married to a total stranger. It was hard to taken in. I am sure for you it was the same. But we have to calm down and approach this maturely. I don't know what are future holds Khushi but I don't want to explode my mind thinking about it every min. Lets live in the moment and handles the problems as they come okay."