Chapter 18| Gossips

Next morning came earlier then normal. Khushi whined to herself as she saw the time. It was just 2 hours ago when she slept and now she had to wake up again. She got up as she freshened up and changed into her college outfit. She then did her normal routine of hiding her mangalsurta and sindoor while combing her hair. As she got ready, she saw Manish still fast asleep. It was already 7: 30. It seems that the alarm was unable to wake Manish up.

Khushi headed towards Manish's side and called out his name.  He moved in his sleep as his hands pulled on his tshirt in irritation. Khushi frowned seeing his actions.

Khushi:(to himself)"is he hurt? is it itching?"

Khushi:"Manish...Manish.."(She bend down a little as she called his name and slightly tapped his shoulder)

Manish:"Hmmm..."

Khushi:"Manish.. We are getting late.. get up or..."

Her words were cut short as a gasp left Khushi's lips. Manish had grabbed Khushi's hand and pulled her on the bed causing her fall next to him. She was in a seated position while her head landed on his chest.

Manish:"Sleep Rohan and let me sleep as well."(He moved back as Khushi's head landed on the bed.)

Khushi quickly got up as she moved back from the bed and stared at Manish in shock. Her heartbeat was going crazy as she kept her hand on her heart. Manish turned to the side as his eyes opened  for few second before closing. Then he frowned as his eyes opened again looking at the surrounding. He looked at the a frozen Khushi ,who was staring at him. As there eyes met, looked away as she composed herself.

Khushi:"you.. we.. late.."

Manish:(sat up as he looked at the time)""It's already 7:45?"

Khushi:"I.. yeah. Get ready, I'll be down."(She said as she rushed out of the room while Manish looked at her confused before he headed to get ready)

After the normal morning routine, Khushi and Manish headed off to college. As soon as they reached college, Khushi and Manish met the exciting faces of Kabir and Ankit. They hugged Manish tightly causing Khushi to laugh slightly at their excitement. She signaled Manish that she was leaving as he nodded while she left the excited trio alone.

As Khushi entered her classroom, She settled down at her seat and started to take out her notes when she saw few people gather around her desk. She looked up to see some of her classmates looking at her with a suspicious expression. Khushi sighed as she looked up at them to continue. She knew what was coming her way.

For the past few days rumors have spread through the college. How are 2 girls from CS Block, especially Khushi who had no social skills at all, were found spending time with the famous trio seniors of the MBA department.

Girl1:"Common khushi just spill the details"

Khushi:"About?"

Girl2:"Oh common yaar.. We saw you today.. You came with Manish Malhotra today. You can't lie now. Rishi saw you"

Khushi:"When did I deny it?"(She said casually as she opened her notes)

boy:"How do you know him? Why would he bring you to college? What the hell is going on?"

Pihu:(coming in the class and pushing people off her desk so she can sit)"Okay people go and gossip some where else their is no juicy news here. Bye.."

Pihu pushed the others out of the way while they asked her questions as well. Khushi felt a presence next to her and saw Rishi standing next to her, smiling at her. Rishi was her classmate since 2nd year. He was in another department and switched departments in 2nd year. Rishi was a nice guy, He was kind and always helpful to Khushi, but Khushi was so reserved that she always kept distance from him. She had never became friends with anyone other then Pihu.