Chapter 7: The Hall is for Whatever

Illika

Wow.

It seems screaming wasn't the only thing the twins were doing. Oh, no. Not by a long shot. They were raising utter hell.

The Hall is in utter shambles. There is broken glass and furniture – which I believe isn't even from the Hall – littered about. Torn paper and tossed books lay scattered. There are several cracks and holes in the walls, none of which was there before. Even some of the windows seem to be missing panels of glass.

In short, it's all a mess, but I don't see the creators of said mess anywhere. Asahi and his identical twin, Akihiko are nowhere to be found. Not high or low, and nor do I hear anymore of their shouts.

Seated in the center of the room at the foot of the throne-like chair is Tomura. His eyes are fixated on the ground as his lips press in a hard line. He looks defeated. Defeated and exhausted. I can tell that much from here, but I notice something else.

His hands.

They are ungloved, allowing me to see the fair flesh. And it is fair. Ivory skin with pink lines crisscrossing across his knuckles and the back of his hands. Scars, I assume. New. Well, newish. Still in the later phase of healing, but not yet fading.

At first, I want to trace those lines. I want to feel them – maybe read them like the Braille on his skin, but then I remember what his hands are capable of. I've seen it with my own eyes. The cabinet he turned to a pile of dust. The man he reduced to nothing but ashes blowing in the breeze. His hands may look poetic, but they are weapons too.

"Wow," I say as a small smile lifts my lips. I stuff my hands in the pockets of my shorts. "Looks like a tornado rolled through here. What happened?"

His eyes drift up to me. "Surely you already know the answer to that."

"You're right. So, I'm guessing your talk with the twins didn't go well."

"Oh, no. This is the results of total and complete compliance."

"Heh. Sarcasm. I like it." I start to make my way to him. "In all seriousness, how'd it end?"

My eyes fall to his ungloved hands, observing them. As I look at them, I can't help but imagine them turning Mirage and Blain into heaping piles of ash. Chills dart the length of my spine at picturing that scene.

He must sense what I'm doing because his eyes follow mine before he sighs. "They're still alive. Make no mistake, though. I wanted to kill them."

"For not obeying?"

"It's deeper than that."

He starts to redress his hands, sliding the gloves on. Just like that, the pink scars and ivory flesh is out of sight, but the image of them still lingers in my mind.

"Enlighten me," I say, bringing my gaze back to his.

He looks at me, deeply. I can feel his eyes penetrate mine. Then: "They are undermining me and disrespecting me, and it's starting to really piss me off."

There it is. The underlining truth that is Tomura Shigaraki. I might not know a great deal about this man, but I know that when things piss him off, they really piss him off. And being disrespectful toward him is one of the fastest ways to end up on his shit list.

"I can see that," I say. I take a seat on the ground next to him, feeling his eyes observe me. "Where are they now? They've made such a mess."

"Hell if I know." He leans back, resting his weight against the chair. "At this rate, I hope they don't come back. Breaking them out of prison has proven pointless."

"They're too stubborn and set in their ways."

"Clearly."

He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes. In this pale morning light, I can't help but study him. Even with his eyes draped shut, I can see how tired he is, and I wonder just how much he actually sleeps. Does he ever sleep? Does he ever rest? I assume he does because no one can run on empty, but that is merely an assumption.

"Why are you staring?" he asks, not opening his eyes or even moving.

Not expecting this, I fidget with my fingers. Instead of asking what it is that's currently occupying my mind, I ask something else.

"Did you know that the others know about us?"

"Who knows what?"

I suck my lips in. "Toga and the others. They all know that we've been having sex."

"Okay. Your point?" His eyes are still closed.

I shrug. "I don't know. I just thought you should know."

"I already figured as much."

Of course. Of course, he did. Why wouldn't he already suspect that? Even Toga had said he probably already knew but hearing that he does only rattles my brain. I don't know why I assumed he wouldn't want others to know, but I tacked that want on him. Still, surprised or not surprised, I can't really tell.

I lean back, turning my gaze to the ceiling. "So, you don't care that they know?"

"Not particularly." There is a moment of silence, then: "Did you care?"

I sit for a moment, thinking – weighing the answers. "I'm not upset that they know. That isn't what bothers me."

"What bothers you then?"

My eyes return to him. He is still leaning back against the chair, but his eyes are locked on me. He is sitting, waiting for me to reply. Waiting to hear what I have to say. Finally, I speak.

"Did you know that they could hear us?"

His brows furrow as his forehead wrinkles. "Who heard what?"

I smile. "Apparently, everyone, and they could hear us having sex."

His face doesn't contort as mine had. Surprise and shock doesn't mask his features. If anything, he remains calm. That is until an amused smile bows his lips as he laughs.

"They could hear us! That is hilarious."

He continues to laugh, and I can't help but chuckle too. Zooming out past the embarrassment, it is funny. All those times we were wrapped up in those steamy moments, someone would be blissfully and obliviously walking by, only to have their peace shattered as they would hear grunts and pants and God knows what else. So, I can see the humor.

"I needed that," he says, steadying his breathing. He looks at me, his eyes tracing me. Then, he sits up, leaning toward me as a sly smirk lifts the corners of his lips. His hot breath caresses my ear. "Let's do it again, then."

And so we do.

**Ello lovelies! Well, as you can see (or in this case, read) Tomura already knew – or suspected – that the others knew. That said, he did find it amusing that people have heard them. Best solution? To do it in another room! I don't know lol. This chapter just wrote itself. I don't know where it planned on going, but yeah. Here we are lol. Ugh. I gotta go to work in a little over an hour. This week. I just gotta make it through this week and then next week vacation! Well, I say vacation but I'm not going anywhere. I'll just be off work for a week. Still, better than nothing! Well, until the next chapter! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross