A strange village in Spain

Spain, 2004

It's almost afternoon while I was driving to a small village in Spain with my cousin Leon Kennedy. He's on a mission to safe a girl names Ashley Graham, when I'm honest.... I don't even know what I'm really doing here, but after the incident in Raccoon city, Leon and I promised each other to take off the other one since we lost everybody and that's how I ended up here. The view out of the window was boring, everything looked the same. 
In the same moment the driver stops, it starts to heavily rain. We got out of the car, and I'm looking around the small street with a few little houses that looked pretty broken and uninhabited. Leon and I moved forward to the old Village, but the villagers seem to be very unfriendly and uncooperative, giving us the cold shoulder at every turn. We tried to gather information from them, but it seemed like they were under strict orders to keep quiet about any information where the girl could be if they even knew something.  The village wasn't huge, but big enough that it would take hours to surch for something.

I couldn't help but thought it's the best idea to split up, till we would find something it could be already too late for Ashley especially because we didn't know what's going on in here yet.
So I made my way through the village. It didn't take long till the first villagers moved from weird looks to coming closer, I didn't know their habits, so I ignored it at first till I saw what he was holding. It was an axe. I knew that something bad will happen, so I started running, but it was already too late. I felt something hard knocking against my head and everything went black.... That's all I remember.

....
"That's everything? More than I thought" said a voice with a hard Spanish accent.  I'm sitting on a cold ground in a barn or something like that. It's raining outside, I can hear it splashing on the roof.

 I think that the villagers might bring me in here after they knocked me out for some reason. The first thing I saw when I woke up was the man which is locked in here in with me. "Well yeah that's all" I answer, "Who even are you?" I say afterwards in a tone I didn't intend. "Wow, wow no need to get harsh" he said with a smirk "Luis Sera, Luis for a señorita like you" "Ahh...well... Luis...what brought you here?" I said while standing up. He brought a little laugh "Unlike you, I'm just a Spanish man who's obviously in Spain right now, if you ask me, nothing unusual. What are you doing here?!" I sigh, seemly annoyed by his humour. "I see....on secret missions?"
"No, not at all, just surching for someone." I reply. "Ah well-DAMN" Luis was going to say but got disturbed by a Villager which comes in with a pitchfork, holding it in my direction.  The villager comes menacingly closer, I'm taking long steps back while trying to unbuckle the strap over my gun, but unfortunately I overlook the box which is laying on the ground behind me. I stumble and fly into the corner, crashing my head again on the gate of the barn. The villager is about to kill me with his pitchfork when I suddenly hear a shot, and he fell next to me.

"You alright?" Luis asks with his Spanish accent, running over to me. "That was close, sorry that I shot so late" He reached me his hand to help me up, but I refuse to take his help.
"It's alright nothing happened, thanks" I said in an unimpressed tone because I didn't want to make him feel more special than he already does. "God damn Ganados" he whispers while inspecting the dead body on the ground. "Gana what?" I ask him. "Ganados, or Los Ganados how you want to call 'em, are those villagers. I expect you to know that since you're so well-informed about this place" he winked at me. I rolled my eyes, "No, I didn't know that. What the hell is wrong with them?" "Oh girl, you know nothing, do you? They're infected, isn't that obvious" "It's obvious that they're not normal, but how should I know that they're infected?! What are they infected with anyway?"
I step next to his side also looking at the guy on the ground, the blood is floating out of him, and it makes me feel nauseous. "Las plagas my dear, it's a parasite, and you're infected too"