Lies...or truth?

Luis takes a long drag from his cigarette, I can't help but feel a sense of unease. It's like the atmosphere has changed between us, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's because of what I said earlier, about not wanting to feel anything for him, and he didn't believe my excuse. Or maybe it's something else entirely, but I can't explain what it is. 

I glance over at Luis, trying to read his expression. He looks deep in thought, his eyes distant as he exhales a cloud of smoke into the air. For a moment, I consider asking him what's on his mind, but I don't want to push him.

"Luis?" I say softly, trying to break the silence between us.
He turns his head towards me, smoke billowing out of his mouth. "Yeah?" he replies, his voice rough from the cigarette. "Is everything okay?" I ask, feeling nervous all of a sudden because it was obvious that nothing is okay.

Suddenly, Luis turns to me and his eyes meet mine. "You know, I can't stop thinking about what you said earlier," he says, his voice low and serious. He takes another drag before exhaling and walking over to me.

My heart race as I try to think of what he means. Did he take offense to what I said? Does he think I'm a fool for not allowing myself to love him?

"I just can't help but wonder why you feel that way," Luis continues, his gaze unwavering. I take a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. "How I already told you" I admit. "That's not the right place for loving, in my view... I don't want to go through the same as I did in Raccoon city....there were two options they rather betrayed me or...died"

Luis nods slowly, his eyes still fixed on mine. "I understand," he says. "But you don't have to be afraid with me. I won't hurt you…or betray you." I can't help, but I just need to trust him, it was already too late for me to not trusting him. His words, the atmosphere when he talks to me and his presence...he just makes me feel good when he's around me... His words make my heart swell with emotion, and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Luis reaches out to wipe it away, his touch sending shivers down my spine, but it feels like he would touch my whole body at once. "I know you won't," I whisper, feeling a warmth spreading through my body, without trust I wouldn't get out here anyway, and I can't help the feeling I felt deep down inside of me.

༻✦༺

Luis leans in, and I feel his breath on my skin. "Then why don't you let me love you?" he murmurs, his lips brushes against mine. My heart skips at least three beats and I don't hesitate any longer. I close my eyes and lean in, allowing myself to feel the full intensity of his love. And at that moment, all my fears melt away, replaced by a sense of peace and contentment that I never thought was possible...but it soon changed. I pull away, I feel a sense of regret wash over me. What was I even thinking? I barely know this man, and here I am kissing him in the middle of a dangerous situation just because I let my feelings win. What if they're not real feelings? Just a feeling of affection because he saved me a few times. "We can't do this," I say, pulling away from him and look on the ground next to him, I didn't want to see his face now. "We... I need to focus on finding Leon and getting out of here."  Luis looks confused, his eyes search mine for answers. "I don't understand," he says. "What's wrong now?" "I just...it's not a good idea," I reply, trying to keep my voice steady. "We don't know each other well enough to be doing things like that." Luis nods slowly, his expression thoughtful. "I see," he says, though I can tell he's still confused. "It was just a kiss…?" I hear him whisper to himself and yes he's right, but I can't help. After the past hour, I knew he doesn't deserve what I do to him. "Then come, before we surch for Leon we need to get those things out of you" he says and waits for me to follow him.