Spanish man, parasites and other stuff...

I step through the door and get suddenly pulled into a dark, eerie room. Luis follows closely behind me, his hand on the hilt of his knife.
"What the hell is this place?" I whisper, fear and confusion gripping me tightly. "I don't know, but we need to be careful," Luis replies in a hushed tone.
The room is dimly lit by a few flickering candles, casting shadows across the walls. In the center of the room is a large, ornate altar, covered in strange symbols and markings. "That doesn't look good..." I say and notice- I can't explain why, but I feel pretty good again. As we cautiously approach the altar, a loud noise echoes through the room, causing us both to jump. "What was that?" I ask, my heart racing.
Luis quickly scans the room, his eyes narrowing as he tries to identify the source of the noise. Suddenly, he grabs my arm and pulls me behind a nearby pillar.
"Stay here," he whispers, his hand on his knife. "I'll go check it out."
I don't answer. Why do I just stay here and watch Luis disappear into the shadows, he could just leave me and go his own way, I don't know him, why do I trust him to make sure I'm safe in here? I should be the one who checks the room, I couldn't explain it. Minutes passes, and I start to feel uneasy. I don't want to be alone in this strange, creepy room any longer when I'm honest.
In the same second I was about to call out to Luis, he suddenly reappears from the darkness, a look of urgency on his face.
"We need to leave, now," he says, grabs my hand and pulls me towards the door, why does he always need to touch me, a simple come with me would be enough. I wrench my hand from his grip, Luis sighs and looks at me with a face if this was really necessary now, and I release that I overact. We leave the dark room, and I still don't know why we have to leave so fast.

༻✦༺

We're running through the church and the blood of the Ganado corpses which floats the floor splashes on my legs and makes me feel nauseous, the church is quiet, too quiet. We enter the end of the church and I ran out of the door but bump into something tall. Luis accidentally runs into me and freezes after he sees what made me stop.
A man stands in front of us, two times that taller than me...or taller. I don't know him, but I have the feeling I saw him before. "Well, well, who do we have here?" the man says. His eyes look odd, not the way like the eyes of the Ganados, but also weird. "Bitores Mendez..." Luis says quiet, steps a few steps back and grabs me with him - of course. Luis knows this man, meanwhile it's becoming more and more clearer to me that I don't know this man, at least a bit. I don't know in which connection he stands with him, I know nothing and that scares me, when I thought of it, I want to go back to Leon... Leon...I almost forgot him because of Luis. "Luis, what are we going to do?" I whisper, fear coursing through my veins. "We need to run," Luis says, his voice low and urgent. "He won't let us leave alive." Run? Is he serious, I don't think we can escape him that fast... We turn to go back the way we came, but Mendez blocks our path. He steps closer, a wicked smile on his face. My heart beats faster. "Leaving so soon?" he taunts. "I was hoping you'd stay for dinner." His eyes were cold and looks like they would directly stare into your soul. Luis steps in front of me, his hand reaching for his gun. "We're not here for your hospitality, Mendez. Let us pass, now. Or you will regret it." Mendez laughs, his hand going to the hilt of his knife. "I don't think so. You two are a threat to my operation. I can't have you wandering around and causing trouble." I don't know what he's talking about, but what I know is that he knows something about the disappear from Ashley.
I take a step back, fear grips me like a vice. I was in many dangerous situations before, but never been in one like this, and I had no idea how to fight off a man like Mendez.

Luis raises his gun, his finger poises on the trigger. "We're not here to cause trouble. We just want to leave." Mendez smirks. "And I just want you dead" he hesitates, "or your little girlfriend or whatever she might is" He says and points his knife in my direction. My heart stops. "Her? Why do you need her" Luis answers confused and pushes me closer behind his back. "She has potential...and something that could be interesting," he smirks. "What the hell, should I have what you want?" I say. "Oh, you don't know? Already better than I thought" Mendez replies. Suddenly he comes closer, Luis pushes me away and with lightning-fast reflexes, Mendez drew his knife and lunges at Luis. I fall into a pile of wood boxes on a smashed oil lamp. I feel the broken glass in my abdomen. The blood runs down my body.
With my eyes still open, I can see their bodies slamming into each other with brutal force, knowing this will have an awful ending for one of them and the chances are high that Mendez isn't the one. Luis is a good fighter, but definitely not made for a melee against someone like Mendez.
I hear gunshots, groaning and knifes crashing on iron, I know I have to do something. I look around for a weapon, anything I could use to help Luis, my gun is still empty, so this isn't a solution.
My eyes land on a metal pipe which is lying on the ground, I grab it with blood smeared hands. My whole body hurts because of the glass, but I slowly stand up and try to get myself together.
Luis struggles against Mendez's onslaught, I run forward and swing the pipe at the Ganado leader's head. It connects with a sickens crunch, and Mendez falls to the ground, I know that this was way too easy. Luis looks at me, his gun still pointed at Mendez's prone form. "Where did you learn to do that?" he asks, his voice filled with admiration. I shrug, and hold the injured place of my body. "I don't know. I just knew I had to do something." "I'm really impressed, but I expected nothing less from someone like you" he smirks and comes closer towards me. "Nevertheless, we have to get out quickly now, that won't keep him forever down." I try to hide the pain from him, but then I could see his injured shoulder.