Chapter 9

"You did it," I whisper in Sesshomaru's ears and decide to give him the time he needs to recover from the strong blow he took. As I feel Inu no Taisho approaching us, I reassure him that Sesshomaru will be fine and his presence isn't needed.

After a few minutes, I feel Sesshomaru taking a deep breath so I deduce he regained his consciousness. "Do you have a bed in your room?" I ask, and I hear a faint no from him so I call for Ah-Un to carry us to mine. Ah-Un lays down to make it easier for us to climb on his back. Even though Sesshomaru is in an on-off state, his demon blood keeps him conscious so we climb Ah-Un with a little bit of struggle from Sesshomaru, but we manage to finally reach my room. I help Sesshomaru lay on my bed, but he decides to rest his head on the bed backboard instead of fully lying down.

I don't know if I can say this or not, but he looks peaceful. He looks like a sleeping angel, but he is a demon and one who doesn't need sleep to rest. I know he is recovering, and I hope his recovery process doesn't take long because it breaks my heart to see him in this state.

As I watch him, I decide to pull a chair near the bed instead of climbing next to him because that would be cliche and disrespectful. I continue to watch him until I fall asleep as well. I don't know for how long I have been sleeping, but upon opening my eyes, I feel the sun stinging me, so I urgently look at Sesshomaru, hoping he woke up, but I was wrong. 

The sound of the door knocking, grabs my attention so I carefully get up to greet whoever is about to enter, and unexpectedly, it is Izayoi so I usher her to take a seat. "How is he?"  She asks while gently glancing at Sesshomaru.

"I'm not sure, but I think he is recovering," I answer while giving a sad smile. It took Sesshomaru days to recover from taking a blow from Tessiaga so I can imagine it will take him more time to recover from three powerful strikes.

"May I ask you a question?" She shyly looks at me but quickly averts eye contact when I give her my attention. "Will I be able to see my son grow up to be like Sesshomaru?" She genuinely asks.

I smile and state, "I'm not sure how things will turn out now, but I reassure you that you will be proud of your son."  

"Can you tell me his future? I know I won't be around for a long time, so bring my heart joy with stories of him."

I hesitate for a moment but decide to give her peace of mind and let her know bits of Inuyasha's future which she listens to with excitement. Her smile widens when I mention Inuyasha giving Kikyo her red rouge. She snickers and tells me how cheesy that is, but I know well how happy she is. 

After a few hours of talking, Izayoi takes her leave. I walk by Sesshomaru and trace his fingers with mine while saying apologetically, "I know you can hear us. Sorry if that sounded boring to you. But now you know a little about your brother so even if you decided to hate him, you will at least know him."

I sigh when I get no response so I take a step back and sit on the chair. For a few minutes, everything feels tranquil and silent, but a familiar breeze brings my loose hair to dance so I sigh and say, "You seem to refuse to use doors." I receive a small giggle as a reply so I get up to meet with Inu no Taisho. "I know you want to check up on Sesshomaru, but I don't think he would want you to see him in that state. I hope you don't find it rude to ask you to step outside together," I continue while standing in front of Sesshomaru to block Toga's vision of him.

"Well, I don't mind," he replies, and the two of us leave the room through the balcony and into the palace ground. "Inukimi told me you spoke with her," he starts, making me gulp.

"She asked about her future, and to be honest, history didn't write anything about her other than she is your first wife and Sesshomaru's mother. I only knew her name when I heard you say it," I bluntly say which makes him halt, so I hesitate for a second and stop as well.

"How didn't history mention the glory she brought to this land?" He questions which leaves me baffled because what glory is he talking about? "You seem like you genuinely lack knowledge," he continues and gestures for me to follow him into his study. As we enter his study, I stop in my track and watch him approach a locked drawer, unlocks it then pulls out a thick scroll. He hands me the scroll and tells me to open it so I do as he says. 

For as long as our nations live and for as long as time can bring this world to flourish, a peace treaty is made by blood between Toga lord of the western lands and Kirinmaru lord of the eastern lands, for neither side can attack the other with the intention of killing, and they will join hands every 500 years to destroy the Grim comet together.

Their signature is written under the treaty in red ink which I assume is their blood so I look up at Toga and question, "Was the first lady the one who made this treaty?" Inu no Taisho agrees without hesitation which leaves me to wonder why such a big thing was left out of the anime and manga, it's as if it was intentionally tossed aside. Are the anime and manga even canon?

Toga takes the treaty and places it back in the drawer neatly then relocks it. "If history ignored this piece of information, I wonder what more did it ignore," he questions, making me consider his words because it's actually true. More stuff might have been ignored or even altered which is something I wish isn't the case cause that would bring a disaster.

After nearly half an hour, Toga and I end our meeting and I go back to Sesshomaru after grabbing something to eat. As I eat, I watch him slumber with eyes wide open and drenched in red as he is comatose. I take a seat on the chair beside his bed and watch him again like last night, but a certain angelic voice pierces my soul. I listen for a moment to make out the words and take in the sound of the singer. It sounds like a lullaby which brings a smile to my face. 

It took me a second to realize Sesshomaru's eyes flickering between the red demon eyes and his golden ones. His eyes keep flashing as if he was malfunctioning which gives me terror, so I quickly get up to ask the guards to tell the singer to stop. However, their answer shocks me. 

"It's the first lady's voice."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Seems like Inukimi is more than she is shown 🤷‍♀️

Sesshomaru is sick 😭 Apologies my love, I had to put you down, hope you understand and do not come after me  🏃‍♀️

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.