Chapter 75

Gora, he's as massive as I remember, his hulking form towering over us, a simple movement causes an unnatural windstorm. His eyes, glowing with a fierce, malevolent light, lock onto us the moment we step into the clearing.

"Intruders," he growls, his voice a deep, rumbling thunder that shakes the very ground beneath our feet. "You dare lay a hand on my brothers?"

I freeze in my position unable to utter a word as if my body is beyond terrified of the aura it's feeling, but that somehow doesn't make sense since I was in the presence of real Gods, how am I feeling scared of a huge turtle?

"Technically, Sesshomaru didn't touch that weakling of a brother you have," I suddenly mock Gora which makes me realize that Athanasia is back with a blood thirst. She flexes her hands while uttering, "A body with no brain, another with no wisdom, a third with no real power and finally a fraud." Unexpectedly, her sarcastic tone turns into a frown while saying, "You are a disgrace to the Gods."

For a moment there, I thought Gora surrendered, but I realised he was charging his attack. However, Athanasia doesn't see him as her equal and merely dashes at him, showing in front of his humongous head without an ounce of fear and puts her hand in front of him, releasing a shockwave that damages every cell in Gora's body.

Gora lets out a pained roar as he crumples to the ground, his body disintegrating into nothingness. The clearing falls silent once more, the oppressive energy lifting as the last remnants of Gora's power fade away.

Sesshomaru's gaze remains fixed on Athanasia, his golden eyes narrowing slightly as if assessing her. There's a palpable tension in the air, a silent exchange that I can't quite grasp, even though I'm still tethered to Athanasia's consciousness. It's as if they're communicating on a level beyond words, a connection forged in a realm that I'm not entirely privy to.

Athanasia's feelings are unreadable, but there's a subtle shift in her demeanor, a quiet intensity that speaks volumes. She turns her attention away from Sesshomaru and looks down at the remnants of Gora's disintegrated form, her lips curling into a faint, almost imperceptible smirk.

"It's over," she says softly, her voice carrying an edge of finality. "Another false god reduced to nothing."

Sesshomaru's expression remains stoic, but there's a flicker of something in his eyes, a glint of approval, perhaps, or acknowledgement of Athanasia's power. "These pretenders were never a match for true strength," he finally says, his voice as cold and precise as ever.

Athanasia nods, but there's an undercurrent of something else in her gaze as she looks back at him. It's a strange sensation, one I can't quite place, but it's there nonetheless.

For a moment, we stand in silence, the forest around us eerily still as if holding its breath in the wake of the battle. The oppressive energy that had filled the clearing is gone, replaced by a strange calm that feels almost unnatural.

Finally, Athanasia speaks again, her tone softer now, though still laced with that quiet intensity. "We should move on. There are still two more to deal with, and we can't let Inuyasha wait."

Sesshomaru gives a slight nod, his eyes lingering on her for just a moment longer before he turns away, his focus shifting back to the task at hand. "Sure," he simply says, his voice low and commanding.

As we make our way out of the clearing, I can feel Athanasia's presence retreating, the sharp edge of her consciousness dulling as she allows me to regain control. My body feels lighter, more familiar as if a heavy weight has been lifted.

As Sesshomaru and I approach the final clearing, the air grows heavy with anticipation. The forest around us thins out, revealing a wide, open space bathed in the eerie light of the bright moon. The sky is a deep, blood-red hue, casting long shadows across the ground, and at the center of the clearing stands Ryura.