Prologue

From the entrance, a young lady walked out of a carriage. She was walking on a path of joy, sadness, disappointment, and love. As her steps became fainter, her heart was beating faster. When she reached the door, she knocked.

A young girl opened the door. "My name is Sophie Goldier," she said

"Mistress Elizabeth was expecting to see you tonight."

Sophie was small but beautiful, with long blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. She took her to a room where a woman seemed to be waiting for her. The woman stood up and picked up a letter.

"You must be Angelicus Reabelle!" The woman exclaimed, "My name is Elizabeth Danice, the authority of the Institute."

Angelicus nodded, "Magnus told me you are making an exemption for

me."

"Yes," said Elizabeth, "he told me you were arriving. Let me ask a few inquiries to make sure it's you."

"How much time have you been training as Magnus' apprentice?"

Elizabeth asked, reading the letter.

"Exactly nine years, three hundred and sixty-four days, and twelve hours."

She said quickly. The look on Angelicus' face was a blank expression.

"What are your specialties?" Elizabeth asked.

"I don't have specialties." Angelicus said, "All of the things that Magnus taught me, I have mastered."

"What are you," Elizabeth asked, "introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?"

"It is apparent as knowing that a turtle is slow then fast," Angelicus said

''I am an ambivert."

"I believe you, Angelicus," Elizabeth said. She picked up a tiny bell and rang it twice. Sophie came in with trays of scones and tea that smelt like heaven.

As Angelicus and Elizabeth munched on the scones, Elizabeth asked her more questions about Magnus Danice, her brother. As Angelicus swallowed the last morsel of her scone and the last drink of her coffee,

Elizabeth rang the bell again, and Sophie came in instantly.

"Gather everyone to the music room," Elizabeth commanded, "bring them some tuna sandwiches with tea on the side."

When Sophie left, Elizabeth turned to Angelicus, "Let us go." she said,

"You will be delighted to meet the others."