Chapter III

I shattered. That's another query I will think of for a protracted period, with a riddle-like answer. Just then, I felt an intense pain spewing at me. I discerned fierce hurt in my stomach. I stumbled down to the ground, unable to move.

The next thing I knew, a kind, pleasant countenance was looking at me, grinning sweetly. I only knew one lovely face like that, Amber.

She reminded me so much of my mother that I nearly wept. She clasped my hand, and I felt different - as if she was giving me my favored bowl of creamy potato stew with buttered toast.

(You can skip this part until Angelicus has breakfast. Because this is just a very ordinary French conversation. )

"Hello, Amber." I said, "How long have I slept?"

"Hello, my dear," she said, "You slept all day yesterday.

Are you feeling better now?"

"I feel good." I replied "How did you know I speak French when I don't feel well?"

"I am pleased you're feeling adequate, Angel." Amber said, "Elizabeth implied you convey French when you are ill. Shall I continue?"

"Of course." I replied "When you held my hand, I felt better."

"Oh, I'm glad my healing is working." Amber said, delighted, "We should go down for breakfast now."

We pushed way downstairs, where everyone was merely starting to dine breakfast. Jade looked at me with kindness as I sat down. I couldn't help noticing Gideon's eyes ate me, which made me uncomfortable. I took some poached egg, fried tomato slices, bacon, sausages, baked beans, roasted mushrooms, and some buttered toast.

"Angelicus," Peter called, "I would like you to meet my beloved little sister, Irizel."

Peter put his arm on a girl's shoulder and patted her back hard.

The girl had long, blonde, and wavy hair, with the same green eyes as Peter's. She had a stern sulky face like Peter. But she is beautiful.

I hope her face doesn't match her attitude and spirit like her brother's. I thought She looked like a sulking, deflated tomato right now.

"I heard that," Irizel said, turning to me.

"She can read your thoughts," Peter whispered.

"This is Tianira Elegy Chrysaor." Jade introduced.

A girl with a stern face as well looked at me. She had black hair and shooting amber eyes. She was more beautiful than Irizel.

( I was careful not to think about that. Wait, I just did??)

"Anyways," Elizabeth spoke, "We are low on magic test beacons, and I do not know why. I checked the tubes, and we had seven more. And now, it is gone!"

''Oh dear," Amber voiced, "I must've used all of it today."

"Amber!" Jade said, feeling annoyed, "You sly leopard."

"Keep it to yourselves, please," Irizel said without looking at us.

"It's alright," Amber said quite confidently, "I'll go to town and get you some more. And Angelicus will accompany me."

"Take Tianira with you," Jade said quickly.

"What a great idea!" Irizel voiced, "Now I will spend the whole day hunting..."

"You're going too, Hazel," Peter said sternly, "I don't want you to drive the whole deer, badger, and fox population to extinction."

*.*.*

Trot, trot, trot.

All of this was everything you can hear in the forest. After breakfast,