Chapter Two

It wasn’t that it was uncommon for someone to sleep for this long..

At least that is what the Lamb hoped.

        He would constantly pace back and forth in front of the little house, waiting for the girl to wake. Eventually, he decided that he had to force himself away from the place, so he went over to the temple and called a sermon. Preaching to his oh-so-naive followers about the heretics and the uncertainty of the unknown, of course, he was telling the truth. But he embellished his tales a tiny bit, after all, he was trying to instill fear of the outside world into his followers. Who all sat huddled in the small temple, Praising the Lamb for his godly deeds and sprouting devotion.

Soon enough Lamb dismissed his followers, who promptly went back to their jobs, some of them returned to the statue of the Lamb sitting in the middle of the temple, with newfound vigor, and they began to worship again. The others went to go work on removing the massive rock that blocked off one of the corners, after all, it was a growing cult, and it needed more space for new members. Lamb had written down a plan for all of the construction that would take place in the future, but for now, he had deemed this rock a problem, as it was in the way of the bountiful garden he planned to grow.

        The Lamb cursed himself as he trudged over to the kitchen, which sat next to the huge shrine, and he began cooking for his followers. Reminding himself that he needed to put someone in charge of cooking daily meals. His followers would quite literally starve themselves if he didn’t cook for them. And that was a problem. Of course, he could cast a fasting ritual, that way his followers wouldn’t get too hungry while he was on a crusade, but those were costly. And often drained faith.

        It was hard to focus on cooking when the Lamb was holding back the conscious urge to check on the child, who was likely still unconscious, and even if they did wake, they weren’t really able to run off. Lamb had even given the task of watching the house for if the child should leave to two of the elders, who were happy to have something to do.

        When the Lamb finished the last berry bowl, giving it to a newer follower, he practically ran over to check on the child, who he had been told was woken up by the smell of food. He had taken a berry bowl and the cult ‘uniform’ in his hands and had begun to walk over, not stopping for any of his followers’ requests, which he luckily got none of at the moment...

        A small face peeked out of the door to the little home, it looked around curiously, watching for anyone to appear, it didn’t seem to notice the lamb, though.

The Lamb smiled as he saw the child’s curious nature, and began to walk towards her, making sure not to frighten the child.

"Hey there.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay Chapter Two! It has only been...

3 Months!? I am so sorry for the lack of updates, I've just been super busy and then my Laptop broke, but It's all good! I should be posting the next Chapter sometime next week! <3

Thanks for Reading!
-Dove