Chapter Three

(Update when I said I hated Leshy two chapters ago uhhh I didn’t mean it I love the bush boy. I’VE SEEN THE LIGHT)

The two found themselves staring at each other, almost as if they were scared to blink. The Lamb could see the child start to shrink away from him, so he took a step towards it and got on his knees. 

“Who.. are you.” The kid asked, staring at Lamb, she seemed to distrust him, which was a fair response for someone in her current position. She took a step back from him, watching as he didn’t respond to her movements. The two stared at each other for a moment, before one of them spoke. 

“It’s okay. I don’t mean harm. You’re outside of the lands of the old faith now, so you don’t need to worry about the Bishops.” The lamb spoke, gently setting the bowl of food and the clothing he was holding down on the grass in front of him. “To answer your question, I’m the Lamb. at least that’s what everyone calls me. What’s your name?” Lamb held a hand out to the child, waiting for her to take it.

“...Y/N.” The child took a small step forward, she still didn’t trust the Lamb, but so far all he had done was help her. She could faintly remember the parts of the journey to the portal, and she remembered being carried by the Lamb as he slaughtered any heretics daring to block his way, using his own body as a shield if anyone managed to get close enough to try and harm her.

Y/N took another step towards the Lamb, she approached cautiously, watching him wearily as he smiled at her. 

“Are you wanting some food?” The Lamb picked up the berry bowl he had brought and held it out to Y/N, waiting for her to take it. 

Y/N looked down at the bowl in his hands and carefully took it, she inspected the food, attempting to check if it for anything dangerous. Alas, it was just a normal berry bowl, so she slowly ate some.

“...Where’s my Mom?” The question slipped out of Y/N’s mouth before she could stop it, and she slightly covered her mouth, embarrassed. 

The realization seemed to click for him in a matter of seconds, Y/N thought of that Deer as her mother… Didn’t she? A sigh escaped his lips, as he gave the child a look of sympathy.

“Well… She… has parted.” He gently explained, placing a comforting hand on the child’s shoulder as her gaze fell, a frown lining her lips.

She looked down, subduing the urge to cry as the loss of her mother figure hit her. Y/N swallowed the lump that was starting to form in their throat, and looked back up at the lamb, starting to speak.

“Did.. did she.. When you ran..?” Tears had started to form in her eyes, as she bit back the urge to cry.

He nodded, gently pulling her closer to him.

“It’ll be all right… We can be your family.”

Hey Y'all! I live, so sorry for the super long wait, but I had some personal events happening.

I also want to say that I only post stories to Wattpad! (Except for a few minor exceptions on A03, but those will be specified on this account <3) If you see one of my stories somewhere Else, please Notify me! I will ask for it to be removed from that cite :}

Have a great Day/Night!

~Dove