23. '𝘈' 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮

Song: Sharpener by Cavetown

**

~ Third Person ~

~ Third Person ~

"You'll never be a real boy." Amber hums as she trails the inside of Asher's leg, "but what you are in a beautifully sexy young woman, isn't that right Emily?"

Asher doesn't say anything as the silent tears slipped down his cheek.

The room is spinning and his body feels heavy.

Actually everything feels heavy. As if somebody placed the enter globe in the center of his chest.

An unexplainable weight.

He can't seem to understand why his body won't give into death — almost like his mind knows something that he doesn't and wants to keep him alive so he can see that something for himself.

Asher just wants to close his eyes and block out everything that is currently happening, close his eyes and just sleep for a while — or even forever sounds better.

He can't stop what they do to him. He can never stop what they do to him.

He's undeniably stuck in a life he wishes would just stop. The least he can do is close his eyes and pretend to be in a different life.

To have a different life.

To have a mom and dad that genuinely loved him, not despite everything but rather in spite of...

To have siblings that would tease him but at the end of the day would protect him with everything they had.

To have aunts and uncles that would buy him cool gifts every time they returned home from traveling.

To have grandparents who randomly give him five or ten dollars here and there without ever explaining why.

To have cousins that randomly show up to play video games with him for a few hours before raiding his fridge and then leaving.

To have friends who invite him to hang out in their pool during the hottest days of the summer.

To have a significant other that holds him close when he's upset and constantly reminds him how absolutely perfect he is.

One can wish but unfortunately that wish may never come true.

"I want to try something new, my little princess. Just hold still for mommy."

Spinning. Spinning. Spinning.

Asher darts up out of bed immediately stumbling to his bathroom.

His breaths are short and barely there, it was almost like he was dying, but he knows better. He isn't that lucky. He has never been lucky.