Ch~1: Return

"I believe in you naruto!"

"You better become hokage, Naruto!" 

"You brought me out of darkness Naruto!"

The words said in gratitude, hope and even in pride by people, friends, comrades, whom fate had been extremely cruel to. It was a promise, that tomorrow will  be better, that future will have the one thing many generations had been unfairly deprived of, peace!

'It's finally here and now,' naruto promised to himself and every single one of his comrades, dead and alive, 'I will never let it go!'

Lying there in the valley of life, bleeding his arm out and being scolded to moon and back by Sakura, Naruto still smiled.

Because he did it! He brought back Sasuke, he caught up to him, fought him and looked him in the eye and told him, "Your plan is stupid! Stop! It's not too late!"

Team 7 was back together. In spirit, In form, In hope. There won't be the need for a young genin like Sasuke to abandon the village anymore to seek revenge for his clan's massacre, there won't be the need for an orphan like Naruto to fight so hard to be accepted by the village that hated him, there won't be a need for a girl like Sakura to race against fate to be strong enough to stand along with her friends. 

There won't be another Kakashi Hatake to lose everything he had ever loved.

There won't be another Itachi Uchicha to be forced to walk a path of darkness and be hated.

There won't be another Obito Uchiha to lose his dreams and forfeit light.

There won't be another Minato and Kushina to die as a part of some scheme on the day their baby was born.

There won't be any pain anymore.

This is where it ends, the cycle of hatred!

The day Naruto and Hinata married was auspicious, magical, magnificent, dreamy and all those amazing things, basically it was sweet and exceedingly emotional. 

Because just over five years ago, they wouldn't have been able to do this. 

They wouldn't have been able to celebrate with dear friends from all over the world, literally counting Hidden Sand, Hidden mist, Hidden stone and Hidden cloud from four different continents, without there being an underlying threat of war somewhere in there.

They wouldn't have been able to commemorate their precious family, the konoha 12 that grew up together and won a war, a great shinobi war at that. Because in near past there would have been meanings underneath meanings underneath words that led to or highlighted clan disputes.

They wouldn't even have been able to marry, because how dare a hyuuga heiress and a jinchuriki  fall in love? How dare they aspire to start a family instead of just withering away serving their respective purpose?

'So many things had led to this moment' Naruto thought to himself as he stared at his dad's great stone face, 'It's all kinda bittersweet, ya know! In another world you would have been here with mom, maybe neji would have been with hinata too! I wish, ya know! I wish! But it's okay... this is my world, a world that lives in peace which we all fought so hard to achieve and I love it!'