Ch~ 4 : Echo of Moon

. . .

Date :  22nd June, Year 122 

Subject - Mitsuki 

Body Stats

Stability - 86% (increasing)

Durability - 67% (increasing)

Heart - stable

Everything is functional. As of now, no complications from the incident. 

Date: 19th June, Year 122

The day the otsutsuki attacked.

Also, the day I used sage mode.

Why? . . .

 To protect Boruto. 

Were you detected? . . .

No

How? . . .

An otsutuski stole my chakra before I could be detected by anyone. 

An otsustuki? . . . Describe him . . .

He had a sack and hook. He had no horns unlike the other two but he had their pale skin. He also had rinnegan, two of them. 

Anything else. . .

No

Well, your body is stable. But don't exert yourself too much and report to me if there is any anamoly. . .

Yes

Mitsuki had never once understood why his parent had a storage for his memories. Why every single one of his conversation was recorded? He never knew, he never questioned. But he thanked his parent now, because without them, he would have walked the wrong path. 

He was a leaf ninja, a member of team 7, their comrade and Orochimaru's protegee.

And he was also the moon. 

The moon of Bo- wait Boruto? Why would that wretched name cross his thoughts? Especially paired with no malice and an urge to kill. His mind worked in mysterious ways. He was orochimaru's greatest creation after all. His mind was programmed to be great. His heart though, that was his, original. 

And every fibre of it craved to rip that traitor apart. That traitor had taken his sun's smile. That betrayer had cost Mitsuki everything. His team, his friends, his sun... everything. Mitsuki was never one to actively express any emotion especially anger. Discretion was vital to any ninja and he was a master of the art. But he couldn't stop his fists from clenching painfully. His nails dug in so hard that they almost drew blood.

He barely manages to hide the anger in his eyes and dissipate the crinkles in his skin as he lands before the laboratory's doors. 

The laboratory was the place he grew up in, it was his home as much as the apartment was. Then after.... after everything the apartment grew cold.. even for him and the laboratory became a battle station. Mitsuki didn't mind though, the loss of a warm home was the last thing on his mind. It was just a concept anyway, which... Kawaki introduced to him. He still had the material thing and he would make full of use of it. For him and for them.

His parent greets him with his usual ambiguous smile. Mitsuki doesn't return it. This is the one place he doesn't have to pretend so he doesn't waste any time doing so. He does offer him a curt nod, discipline is coded into his every last atom, for better or for worse.  He paces down the hall with his parent following him. As he inches to make the turn down the hall, his parent stops him with a tap on shoulder.