21. NO CRYIN' IN DA CLUB

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that in true Umbrella style, this chapter will include irresponsible use of alcohol and recreational drugs. If you do choose to participate in some fun, please do so in moderation and carefully around those you trust, if you are of age of course.

Also, please remember that Elaina is in a very low and vulnerable place right now and clearly isn't thinking in the best way within this chapter or within the last few ones, but she won't stay down for long! 

This chapter actually ended up getting split because of the length, and once it got split I added more to it lol. It works out though because now next week's chapter is already 3k in!

Please rate, comment, and vote! 

The next chapter will be out next Monday!

*~*~*~*

There was something oddly serene in simply surrendering to something and not having the tiniest care in the world about anything. It was peaceful almost. 

Because when it comes to the grand scheme of things, nothing actually matters, so why stress it? 

Lights flashed blindingly in a collection of neon colors. Perspirating bodies crammed against each other, sloppily swaying to the upbeat tempo of the song. The ground was virtually vibrating from the sheer volume of the club's music. It made speaking a difficult task, forcing those that chose to attempt the feat to strain their vocal cords just to communicate with their neighbor. Oh, and forget about thinking. In a place like this, it was damn near impossible.

Which, believe it or not, was exactly the plan.

With her tan arms stretched up far above her head, Elaina let the music move her. Her eyes struggled to remain open as the liquor and joint in her hand had both been used far past their limit. God only knows how many hours she's been inside this club, dancing all over the dance floor and on table tops, or even, how many drinks she practically inhaled, the girl honestly couldn't tell you. 

At some point, she was certain that she got on stage too, getting in the DJ booth when she felt she could teach the actual club DJ a few tips and tricks she had on merging better songs together. Luckily it didn't get her kicked out since the rest of the club seemed to agree with her choices. Hell, the DJ even let her take over for a few songs, which sure was fun! She didn't realize how much she missed working, considering it had been nearly a year since she last touched a turn table. It was nice.

Everything else, however, was a blur, with her only recalling random flashes of her time here in this lively establishment. Time merged together sinfully with each indulgence she partook in, willingly allowing the inebriations to permeate through her.

Her half-lidded eyes watched each transition of color above her in a daze, a stupid, satisfied smile plastered on her face while she pushed herself against the figure behind her. She giggled when her head lulled to the side, falling into the neck crevice of the person dancing behind her. It seems that the pill they gave her earlier was kicking in.

She's never felt so happy... 

The person leaned back into her, craning their heads forward so they could reach the brunette's ear. "Hey! Are you holding up okay?" shouted Kimber, her blue eyeliner smudged with sweat. 

Elaina hummed contently. "Mhmm," she nodded, feeling the beat vibrate through her chest.

"Great!" shouted the pink-haired woman, remaining close to the girl and maintaining the rhythm of the music. "D'yah want another shot?"