24. SLUSHIES & SLIM JIMS

Ever wondered what absolute death felt like? 

"Ughhhh..."

Because Elaina was positive that this feeling right now was it. 

Everything hurt. Her mind was completely blank. And the only thing that she could physically process at this moment was the pounding of her cranium. How was it possible to not be fully conscious yet and STILL feel like there was a jackhammer riding a fucking mechanical bull on top of your temple? 

What the hell happened yesterday?

A miserable moan fell out of the girl's mouth.

Her hand shot out and scoured around blindly, trying to find something to slam into her head, hopefully putting her out of her misery. But alas, the only thing she was able to stumble upon was just a mere pillow—not the brick she was hoping for. The pillow covered her head with a light thud while her body wreathed around, getting severely entangled in what seemed to be sheets.

Was she in a bed? Stupid question, obviously, she was in a bed. 

But how the hell did she get here? She didn't remember making it back to her room.

Her memory was all fuzzy and attempting to think only aggravated her pounding headache more. A small cry escaped her as she slowly tried to pry her eyes open. Elaina's lids felt as heavy as lead and she could feel the layer of crust that assured they'd remained shut. 

"Since when do roller coasters make beds..." she grunted out. "Get me off this riiiiddddde,"

In her suffering, Elaina couldn't hear the sound of the door cracking open while she continued to squirm around erratically.

"Oh, you finally woke up. That's good! I was starting to get worried," 

Elaina's crusty eyes peeled open at the voice. A small surge of energy coursed through her that was enough to make her head shoot up.

"Tony...?" she croaked out in confusion. "What are you—? Gawwwhhh," her head immediately went back down when the room started to spin at the sudden movement. "Ooooh my god I'm dying..."

"Don't say that, Estellita. You're not dying," voiced Tony, crossing the room in a couple of strides. "You are hungover as shit though," he chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, no shit," she whined with a hoarse voice, burying her face into the mattress. "It's waaay too bright in here," her muffled voice said while she took refuge under the pillow again.

"Ah, sorry about that. Un minuto," she heard him say before his feet retreated back toward the entrance. It was only because of the silence of the room that she could hear a faint click. "That should be better,"

Elaina groaned when she felt the bed shift beneath her shortly after, signaling that Tony came back and taken a seat on the mattress. "Thanks..." she tentatively started to remove the pillow from over her head and attempted to crack open one of her eyes once more. 

It was blurry at first, but thankfully the recently dimmed lights weren't so harsh anymore. Soon enough she was able to see Tony staring down at her, rubbing a towel into his damp locks.

Looks like he just got out of the shower.

"Buenos Diaz, bella durmiente," he smirked. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I got struck by a train and I'm still riding the hood of the damn thing," she grumbled, rolling onto her back.

"Mhm. Liquor and other fun things will do that to yah," nodded Tony, dropping the towel around his neck. "I tried getting you to drink some water last night, but that didn't happen,"