Chapter One: Gone

"Babe?" Darian's voice came from the bathroom as he got ready for the day. We had been living together for three months. He was violent and dangerous, but there was no escaping him without death. I wasn't allowed to do anything without him, which wasn't a lot since he's wanted as a serial killer. He used to kill so many people a week, I had found out he has killed over 25 people in his lifetime. He still kills people, which I can't talk to him about, but it had slowly decreased since I was here. I felt good that I was sacrificing myself in exchange for another's life.

     "I'm over here..." I told him flatly. I wasn't comfortable in his house. It was just an abandoned shack that he fixed up, it was nice, but it wasn't home.

    "Oh, good..." Darian always checked up on me, seeing if I ran away yet. I wouldn't do that, he would hurt me.... Marci.... My family... And many others if I wasn't with him. It's like he's obsessed with me, it creeps me out.

    I flipped on the small plasma that was mounted to the wall. I flipped to channel seventeen to look at the news, most likely to see if they would come to rescue me anytime soon. A reporter was on the screen. I leaned closer to see a photo of me pop up. I gasped, it was me! A sudden hope sparked inside of me.

     "What is it?" Darian's voice echoed.

     "Nothing..." I lied. He shrugged and went back to shaving his face. I had to admit, Darian was hot.... But I couldn't except his nature of killing. It disgusted me...

    "Three months ago a girl named Regan Hollie has gone missing. Telling from the information and the picture she is a very beautiful young lady around seventeen. She was living with her parents until the death of her sister Amy Hollie. She now lives in apartment 34 on the second floor. If you see her she might be able to lead us back to the serial killer." The Reporter on the screen disapeared from the screen as I turned it off. I shook, they don't even know his name. They didn't know anything about him, they just knew him as the 'monster on the loose" as they would describe him on Times Magazine. He was a monster, but there is that little boy inside that I know is trapped... The real him... I thought that if I try to save that little boy inside of him, maybe he would stop killing people. I knew it was a stupid hope, but I had to try while I was being held here. The news had a lot of facts about me right though... I had gone to live on my own when my twenty year old sister was murdered. I couldn't stand to live in that house and my parents refused to move. So I took my money and started renting my own apartment... I looked down at my shirt, it was Darian's. I needed my old things if I was going to live here like a normal couple... I cringed at the thought but I knew I had to atleast ask him again. I knew the risks but I needed my old stuff.  "Darian?!" I called his name.

     A few seconds later he came out in his boxers and hopped on the bed. "Yea babe?" He grabbed my hand and looked up at me. I hated it when he called me 'babe' or other pet names... It was like he actually thought I wanted a relationship with him, but when I wanted something I had to let him call me whatever he wanted to, regardless of my distaste for it.

     "When can I get my stuff at my old apartment?" I knew I shouldn't ask him questions but I needed my clothes because currently I was sleeping in his baggy shirt, which I didn't like one bit.

     He sighed, "Regan..-"

     I cut him off abruptly, "Please! I can't live here without my stuff!" I looked at him when I realized I had made a mistake. You don't interupt him... At all. 

       His face went angry and before I could move out of the way, he slapped me. My cheek burned and throbbed in pain. I gasped and shot backwards.

     "What the hell Darian!?" I yelled at him. His face cooled and he reached forward to me again. "No!" I hit his hand away and buried my face into my hands. I didn't want him to see what he did to me. Everytime he sees what he does to me, it brings out another side to him. He hates himself after hitting me, but it doesn't change the outcome or what had happened.