Chapter Four: Victims

My eyes fluttered open and the morning sun brightened the room. "Ugh." I moaned, turning over. "Jarrod!" I screamed and rolled right off of the bed.

     He shot up in a flash then saw me, "What the..." He began,

     "I should ask you the same question! This is MY room right now! Why are you in it?" I shouted at him.

     "Okay, no need to yell, you're waking up the others and you TOLD me to stay." I narrowed my eyes and found the truth, I had told him to stay. I relaxed again and climbed back into bed.

    "Oh, sorry I forgot... Instint I guess." I sighed and he kissed my head,

    "It's okay Regan, I'm going to go make breakfast you stay in here alright?" I nodded and he left the room. I slowly let my thoughts glide.

Jarrod's POV:

     I walked out into the kitchen and into the fridge. "Hmmm, let's see." I grabbed a carton of eggs and cracked five into a pan. They sizzled when they reached it so I stir them around a bit. I would eat a lot, I didn't know about her though. I couldn't help but think about last night. Her asking me to stay, me holding her tight, she feeling safe.... I actually admitted my feelings to her though.... I wonder if she likes me... Well she has to right? She did ask me to stay last night.

     "Enjoying Regan, Jarrod?" David and Gage entered the room creating dead silence, except for the sizzling of the eggs.

     "What do you mean?" I asked them, even though I had a pretty good idea of what they meant.

     "I think we all kind of like her okay? Gage kind of told us that before you got all close to her... Gage called dibs and besides, you and I treated her like total crap.. She probably hates us." David explained. I separated the eggs into two separate bowls and put ketchup to the side.

    "Meaning what?" I wanted to make them elaborate, maybe they will see how stupid they are acting.

     "Meaning, Lay off." Gage finished. I was wrong, they are still stupid.

     "Dude, it's not that big of a deal." Gage and David looked at each other and back at me.

     "Then why did you sleep in her room?" David inquired. Damn they were annoying!

    "We didn't do 'that' you sicko's, and she asked me to stay. If she wanted you guys she would've asked." I could feel the tension strain in the hair. Gage opened his mouth but then shut it in defeat.

    "Whatever." He stalked out of the room. 

     'Just know she could break you man." David glared at me while exiting. "Oh and I would like some eggs too next time." I rolled my eyes and poured glasses of orange juice. I brought them to Regan's room and set them down on the nightstand.

    "Thank you." She said happily picking up her fork and starting to eat.

     "No problem." I answered. I felt Gage's hard stare even from the other end of the house.

Regan's POV:

     I told him thanks for the breakfast and man he knew how to cook. "Mmm! I didn't know you can cook!" His lips curve into a strained smile, something was wrong. I set my food down and inch closer to him, caressing his cheek. "What's wrong?" He was a little shocked at the touch but he then wrapped his arms around me and brought me in closer.

     "The boys are getting a little bit jealous babe." I looked up at him, amused. Jealous? Of what? Me liking Jarrod? I didn't know why I was getting such a strong connection to Jarrod. I thought he was Darian... He smelled like him and he kind of looked like him, minus the scar. Darian used to hold me the same way and he used to call me babe. I felt bad because I did like Gage, but I was starting to like Jarrod because he reminded me of Darian... It was a sick though.