Chapter Five: Found

I awoke to a shaking motion and a splash of cool water to my face. I put my hands to my face and realized I was drenched... Covered in.. Blood? My eyes fluttered open as I met the eyes of Gage. He looked focused now... Himself again.

    "Regan are you alright?" I looked around franitcally, searching for anything that could help me rememered what happened. I was lost, maybe..?

    " Am I bleeding?" I felt around my face and pulled it back to see my hands cleared of red.

    "No I splashed water on your face to try to get you awake." I looked at his concerned face and sat up.

    "I'm fine, what happened?" I dried my face with my shirt and eyed him.

    "Someone was at the door.. You kept mumbling something but I couldn't quit make out what it was.." My mind raced, someone was at the door? A man.. Darian?

   "What's wrong?" Gage asked joining the room.

    "I-I-I..." I heard a familiar buzzing sound and I grabbed my phone. It was a random number but I answered it anyways.

     "Hello?" Heavy breathing caught me off guard..

    "Hello???" My voice shook as my body did.

     "Regan?" I silenced Jarrod and listened to the breathing, "I see you Regan." That voice.. So familiar.. Who was it? It was.. Darian.

   I gasped and fiddled with the phone before putting it back to my ear.

    "Regan I want to know what's going on." Gage tried to take the phone away but I hissed at him, cupping my mouth around the speaker. I stood up and searched around.

    "Almost there hunny.. Go out the back door and Gage won't get hurt." He breathed heavily and I felt sweat on my brow. My bottom lip trembled as I saw him in the back window, aiming a gun at Gage's back.

    "I-I-I-." I didn't know what to say.

    "Five...Four...Three..." He chuckled as my breathing got heavier. "Come on princess come on out..." I stared at him in mock silence.

     "Gage..." Gage looked at me weirdly.

    "Dont tell him or the other one gets shot too." My heart pounded in my chest. "Okay..." I looked at Gage and Jarrod, mouthed I'm sorry and shot out the back door.

    "Regan!!??!?" Jarrod and Gage's voice echoed after me. "Im at the back door." I whispered into the phone, swinging open the back door and jumping out into the open. I turned around to see them running after me.

    "Darian?" The breathing stopped as the line disconnected. 

    "Darian?!" I turned around to find me face to face with him. I gasped and tried to scream but he clasped his hand around my mouth. I remembered the words he told me, "I do baby, that's why I have to kill you." This was the end. I shuddered and squirmed in his grasp. Jarrod and Gage froze in their spots as I realised Darian had pulled out a gun. It was pointed to my head and I gasped.

    "I will kill her now if you take a step closer." He threatened not only my life but I knew he wasn't done. "I will kill you too. Shoot you all.. get your friends, kill them too. Is that what you want?" Jarrod shook his head no. "That's what I thought. Did you see me today? Did she ever come to you?" He wanted them to lie to the police, has a cover up of 'innocence'. I squirmed again and he tightened his grasp. I raised my hands up and freed his hand from my mouth.

    "LET ME GO!!" I screamed. Darian looked at me and squeezed me tighter to the point that I could no longer breathe. "D-.." I felt myself losing it. I struggled with air as he loosed the grasp. I drew in a heavy gasp of breath and started to cry. "Now do you understand?" Jarrod and Gage looked at each other and nodded. "Good. Now do as I say and no one will get hurt.." I then remembered the knife in my jacket. I pointed to my jacket and Jarrod saw me. I mouthed 'I need a distraction.' He nodded and looked Darian right in the eye.