Spring Showers

Spring Showers , Apply Fiction
international school, based in south korea

Spring Showers , Apply Fictioninternational school, based in south korea

ISSUE ONE , APRIL 1ST.
spring showers

There is a quote I'm sure every person has heard at least once in their life, and if you haven't, I can give you a reminder. That April showers bring May flowers, but in our town, we all know that March showers only bring April and May showers and our flowers are drowned by pouring rain— it's been like that for the past decade.

Longer than this club has been established, which was only made eight years ago, and longer than the period of time I have been here, which has been a little over three years, rain has blessed us with muddy parks and smothering, humid mornings. If you couldn't tell, it was sarcasm.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, since it is April First, Fooling or Fool's day, and I should keep up with tradition, but no one likes to have fun anymore. Rain makes everything sad, and Spring is exam season, a season that all kids here hate.

In other areas, Spring is supposed to bring happiness to recover from the cold winter, but Spring only brings us more distress at Burdock. And I'm sure every student feels the same—bombarded with work and rain, it's like the world is telling us to suffer and that real spring will never arrive.

Perhaps in the last 10 years, we have gotten used to how suffocating spring is—because summer is when we feel free. So when everyone woke up on March 20th, anticipating cold rain and dirty shoeprints down the halls, and were met with an unexpectedly warm, sunny day, you can only guess how we reacted.

A revolutionary event, I'd say. A lot of people would say. We only expected this amount of sunlight to last a couple of days (even a couple was reaching it), but one day had turned into two—two into five and five into nine. It has been twelve days with straight sunshine and not a smile has left anyone's faces.

If I am being honest, I had started to give up on our club after our second spring, and now this is my fourth spring in Korea, in this school, in this town. My writing is not as good as it used to be, my words don't flow like soft silk anymore, and my issues are mundane. Our club has given up.

But like that day on March 20th, spring has finally come and with a new meaning, and we have new meaning.

We have new stories, new drama, new emotions rising, and finally, this spring we will have a proper issue.

So this is a proper thanks to Mother Nature for blessing us with spring sunshine, morning dew, and blossoming flowers, and a special thanks to kids of Burdock for giving us some action. Keep your eyes out, because we will keep you all updated.

The Newspaper Club
wri. Fukuda Hyori

,           Her fingers moved quickly, pinching rubber bands to swiftly maneuver them around rolled papers, grabbing the edges of the papers, and smoothly folding the sheets into halves

, Her fingers moved quickly, pinching rubber bands to swiftly maneuver them around rolled papers, grabbing the edges of the papers, and smoothly folding the sheets into halves. On the second day of club sales, and Hyori feels like she's on cloud nine—like everything that's happening now isn't real.

It's not something she's used to, after almost half a year of desolate skies and moody teenagers, the fact that she's even folding newspapers makes her feel like she's dreaming, confused dreaming. Nonetheless, with the whole lot of her club by her side doing the same as she is. The group of them, content yet somewhat brimming with stressful thoughts of completing articles for a surprise issue, have been in this club since the beginning of the year.

What was meant to be a place where they could talk about issues in the real world or boring philosophical beliefs had finally turned into a huge, raging, successful gossip column. Perhaps, it's at the fault of Hyori for motivating her members to write about the latest drama issues that have sprouted since Spring had begun, but she doesn't regret it.

Their profits have soared, ten times more than they've made in total in the past three springs combined, and everyone in the newspaper club knows that Hyori loves business, so who can oppose when she's running the club like it's a whole goddamn newspaper firm? Like, fucking New York Times.

There's dirt on people like Daniel Shin, who said he was too injured to play basketball because he fell down the stairs, but everyone knows that an egotistic guy like that got beat up on the streets (what else would explain that painted black eye? the club wrote about it); even rumors about how some kid lied about passing Olympic trials made its way around.

But who cares about that kind of stuff, anyway? Hyori needs things that would bring more attention, more rage, and more recognition. And what would be better than a rare spring romance?

Of course, not all things come with miracles.

But she can sure make one. And possibly even more.

MISSION ONE for: SPRING ISSUE
Find a rare spring couple that the school would
LOVE, and write JUICY details about them.

FUKUDA HYORI:
"We have less than a few months until Spring ends. Get a move on it!"

SPRING SHOWERS! When Spring comes around at Burdock Academy, it rains for days and days. But this spring, rain has become sun, and this newspaper club discovers new sides to each other and their peers as the deadline for a well-written issue is coming up.

EVANGELIGHT, not too sure about this AF concept, but my plan is to have 3-4 "missions"and 3-4 couples in this AF, if we get enoughappliers! Every pair will have their own setstory/mission, and obviously, everyone else will be featured

concept, but my plan is to have 3-4 "missions"
and 3-4 couples in this AF, if we get enough
appliers! Every pair will have their own set
story/mission, and obviously, everyone else will
be featured. Even if you are not in the main
cast, you still have a definitive chance of being
a part of the story, so please apply if you like
the concept!

oc x oc applyfic, currently OPEN!
tag a few people or share this on your message board to get started!

!10+ votes to open rules/forms

all papers have been sold.

MIXTAPE!Spring Day, BTS ౨ৎ Hi, hello? Heize ౨ৎ Leo, Bol4 & Baekhyun ౨ৎ Mother Nature (H20), IU ౨ৎ I Will Go To You Like The Snow, Ailee ౨ৎ Secret Garden, Oh My Girl ౨ৎ Unlucky, IU ౨ৎ You Were Beautiful, Day6

MIXTAPE!
Spring Day, BTS ౨ৎ Hi, hello? Heize ౨ৎ Leo, Bol4 & Baekhyun ౨ৎ Mother Nature (H20), IU ౨ৎ I Will Go To You Like The Snow, Ailee ౨ৎ Secret Garden, Oh My Girl ౨ৎ Unlucky, IU ౨ৎ You Were Beautiful, Day6