Shopping Date

Inpu's POV

New years had just passed and everyone in camp was working on setting up their cabins as most left because of how destroyed camp was.

Bryan and Inpu had decided that because the extensions to their home were almost done, that they'd start buying stuff to fill some of the rooms.

They figured it could be a date because they hadn't gotten much time alone in a few months, so they left the triplets with their older sister for the day and had went to the human realm for a bit of shopping.

"This is nice, I forgot how nice just spending time together without the kids was"

"Technically we still have a kid with us, they are just unaware that they are even close to existing"

"I guess that's true, it just reminds me that we still have so many things we need to get ready"

"Such as?"

"Well, we still need to get more stuff for their room along with figuring out a first name and middle name"

"Middle name will be harder I think, I feel like it will take a short amount of time to figure out the first name because of how quickly we agree can on something"

"True, I figured we could agree on a first name for now, and we can ask the kids what they think a good middle name would be"

"Not a bad idea"

They kept talking for a while and eventually started looking in one of the furniture stores, so they went in.

As they looked around, they eventually got to the section with baby items where Bryan found a few items that caught his eye.

There were 2 items, the first one was a mobile, it was fairly simple, but it had removable pieces that seemed to be able to be swapped out. 

The second item was a crib that looked like you could put a cloth over the top.

He pointed out the items to Inpu and mentioned how he had a few ideas on how they could change up the style of the items for their future child.

"You really want to do a lot for this one, don't you"

"Well, they are going to be the only baby we get to raise, so I want to make them feel as special as possible"

"First off, who says we won't have another, and second, what about the other 4 feeling special?"

"Ok, after this, we're not having another child, we are already hitting 5 so that isn't going to happen again, also I'll make sure the other 4 still feel special, but number 5 is going to be the only baby we get to raise because our first one was taken from us"

"You know, you may be the one who has the ideas, but I'll work on them, I'm not going to let you over work yourself"

"I'm not going to over work myself, I may be the one who has to go through the entire thing, but that isn't going to slow me down"

"I know, but your not going to do much of it, because I won't let you"

They kept shopping in the one store for a bit, paid for what they ordered and made sure it would be sent to the house.

It was around lunch time, so they went to a nearby fast food place and got some ice cream.

After they got their ice cream, they went to a nearby park, found a bench, and started to eat while thinking about potential names.

"How about for a girl, Tulip, and if its a boy, Blaze"

"Are your ideas based off our family backgrounds because if I went to my father with a son named Blaze, I'm pretty sure he would just laugh"

"Alright then, Mr. jackal, what were you thinking"

"I figured maybe something non-binary, not fully sure yet"

"How about Artemis?"

"Isn't that the goddess of the moon in your pantheon?"

"Yeah, but I don't see why we can't use it for our child, there are plenty of humans and animals named after Zeus, so what would the issue be if we named our child after another god"

"Alright then, I guess they will be named Artemis then"

They left shortly after to go home, the kids weren't home so they were probably at camp.

Shade had come out from one of the living rooms and started to follow close to Bryan as both him and Inpu headed to the office so they could write down stuff they needed to prepare for the child.

Inpu was looking over a few things he couldn't avoid while Bryan was looking over a checklist he had made.

"It's that soon..."

"What's coming soon?"

"I'm looking over meetings we have to have in the underworld to make sure everything is going accordingly for each pantheon, and the one that I can't leave if I need to and can't ignore happens to fall on the last 2 weeks of February"

"That doesn't sound good..."

"I can talk to my father and see if he can cover for me if I need to leave early, but  if it's one that needs to be the entire bloodline, I can get away with not bringing Crystal because she isn't as well known in the underworld yet, but I'd need to bring the triplets"

"Well, if it does need to be you and the triplets who need to go, at least I have people at camp who can help and I'd at least have one family member at home"

"I know, but I do want to be there if my child is born in those few weeks"

"Don't stress about it until you know if you need to go or not, I know that either way I should be fine, but if you can be by my side, I know I'll feel much better"

"What would I do without you?"

"Well, if you didn't revive me, you probably would still have the triplets as a distraction from what happened, Artemis wouldn't even be an idea in your mind, and Crystal is kinda a shot in the dark what would have happened to her"

"Have you thought of that before?"

"Night stress is no joke, I honestly thought Momiji was joking about that"

Shade was now laying under Bryan's legs as he was just sitting in his chair.

"I think this one is starting to understand what's going on, he's never this attached to me, he usually just follows you"

"I'd be angry at him because he doesn't usually act like this, but at least it's you he's doing it with"

"You think he views our family as a pack?"

"What makes you think that?"

"As soon as you showed sign of another person was becoming part of the family, it took him time but he accepted that Crystal was part of the family, then there is also the fact that Phoenix is his actual pup"

"Phoenix was probably just the memory of a pup, but I understand what you mean, it probably is something similar with Crystal"

Bryan began to yawn which made Inpu become slightly protective for a few moments, so he picked up Bryan and walked him over to their room.

They just laid there in silence for a bit, but being cuddled up, the warmth they both had made the other fall asleep.

It was about 2:00 so still fairly early, but they were both tired, so they just let themselves fall asleep.