four. escaping the past

✧ — act i

✧ — act i. blinding lights

CHAPTER FOUR — escaping the past

HAYDEN ROLLED HER SHIRT UP, glaring at the scar that ran from the side of her rib, just under her sports bra. She swallowed back the tears in her eyes. A soft knock came from the door and Ethan peeked inside.

"Hey," he smiled as he stepped into the bedroom, closing the door behind him. Hayden pushed down her shirt and sat down on the bed.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asked and the blonde girl smiled in response.

"I'm always okay."

Ethan sighed and sat down next to his girlfriend, resting his hand on her thigh. He knew that she was not okay, not after what was about to take place.

"I don't think I ever told you about what happened at Woodsboro..."

Ethan shook his head, "Not a lot, I know about your mother and brother...and your scar," The boy was careful as he approached the sensitive topic.

Hayden pulled her shirt over her head, revealing the scar to her boyfriend. Ethan sighed at the sight and held onto the girl's hands.

"Amber and her psychotic bitch boyfriend, Richie tried to kill me." Hayden pointed towards her scar, "Richie stabbed me after he stabbed my brother in the neck."

Ethan ran his hands over his legs and looked away, his jaw clenched at the mention of Richie. Hayden shut her eyes and took a deep breath through her nose. The last thing she wanted to do was cry.

"I ran out of the house, although I didn't get far. I collapsed outside. Whenever I woke up in the hospital, that's when I found out about my mother."

For the first time, Hayden's eyes flickered to Ethan and he placed his hand on the side of her face, kissing along her cheek. Hayden climbed into his lap and he pulled her closer, running his hands nervously along her back.

Hayden wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss, playing with the boy's curls. The boy leaned back onto the bed and the girl began to kiss along his jawline and then to his neck.

"Hayden," Ethan spoke breathlessly and the girl pulled away, "I don't think now is the best time for...this."

Hayden frowned and moved away from the boy. He sat up and rubbed the back of his neck, "You just shared some pretty heavy stuff," Ethan cupped the side of his girlfriend's face and guided her head back towards him, "And as much as you want to deny it, you're hurting."

Hayden stayed silent in defence and rested her head on his shoulder. "I honestly believed that I had left my past behind."

"

Authors Note: I hope the chapters aren't too short. Almost done with act one! The next chapter might be a few days. Don't forget to vote and comment on chapters :)
- ghost

word count: 487

published: 3/4/2023
edited: