I'm Giving This Kidnapping Zero Stars

A/N: hey y'all, just a short lil update! mostly just filler though, to be honest. still, i hope you enjoy!

also:
i kinda went through the chapters already written and edited them a bit. basically chapter one got some writing changes, nothing that affects the plot, just some stuff to make the writing seem more together for the first chapter, and chapter nine got pretty overhauled and re-reading may be important to some plot events coming up. just as an fyi! i apologize if you don't like the changes, i'm just trying to make the story flow better lol

If he ever got out of this, Ambrose was never going to ride in a carriage again.

Ambrose glared at the ropes tied tightly around his hands and feet. He had been spending the better part of the past three hours attempting to untie the knots, but he was quickly coming to the unfortunate realization that whoever had tied the knots were far, far better at knots than him.

Of course, it wasn't like Ambrose had needed to know how to untie ropes around his wrists until now, but the fact still remained that he was absolute dog shit at this escaping shebang.

All the effort Ambrose had spent trying to break free had only left him with slightly bloody wrists and ankles, the skin rubbed away by the harsh rope, and an aching leg from moving so much. Ambrose was also pretty sure that he was bleeding slightly in the back of his head where his head had bashed into the side of the carriage.

Being kidnapped sucked.

His eyes scanned the carriage for something, anything that he could use to break free. Nothing. His kidnapper had been extremely careful not to leave anything sharp that Ambrose could use to break free, it seemed. Not that there was much he could do after getting untied; the kidnapper hadn't been kind enough to grab Stick when they grabbed him, and with his bad leg it was unlikely that he could get away fast enough.

Ambrose was stuck.

His only hope for rescue, then, was for Cale to come find him. Or the Molans, who were probably the better option for this in his opinion. As capable as Cale was with the sword, Cale was still, in Ambrose's opinion, an absolute idiot. The redhead would probably get himself killed trying to rescue Ambrose.

Ambrose heaved a sigh, adjusting himself on the hay. He had no idea what time it was, or where he was. It was possible that he just wouldn't be found at all, and would be at the mercy of some money-hungry bastard or- he shuddered- an obsessive noble.

His thoughts wandered to the game's plot. Cale and the main character were already supposed to meet, he knew. And yet, Cale had brought up absolutely no mention of meeting anybody new. If all that meant was that the stuff that happened in the game- the war, the secret organization, etcetera- wasn't going to happen, Ambrose wouldn't be so concerned over it. But the game's plot was happening. The secret organization was going around doing stuff just like in the game. Why was that? Why hadn't Cale met the main character yet? Without the main character, who was going to stop the organization? Him?

The idea was just as ludicrous as it was distasteful. Ambrose had no urge to become this world's hero, nor any wish to affect the plot in any major way.

It seemed like the gods weren't too fond of his plans of avoiding the conflict as much as possible, considering his current situation.

Wait.

Was this kidnapping a part of the plot?

The only kidnappings he could remember from the game were over the main character, and often were major plot points. And the only one that happened this early was by Venion Stan.

If he was being kidnapped by that sadistic bastard, Ambrose was going to need to have some words with the gods.

The carriage hit a bump, causing Ambrose to smack his already injured head against the side again.

"Ow," he muttered, blinking away tears of pain as the throbbing in his head increased.

No, he decided. There was no way Venion was kidnapping him. Not under these circumstances. The bastard may have been a sadistic asshole, but he would never stoop to such a low for an injured nobleman.

He considered it, remembering what the game had revealed about the nobleman.

Actually, the despicable man would.

His stomach growled.

Ahh. That's right. He had gotten kidnapped in the early morning, before he had gotten a chance to eat anything.

The bastard. Vicross' breakfasts were always delectable.

His eyes flew open as he felt the carriage slow, finally coming to a sudden stop that had Ambrose hitting his head again.

Ambrose was going to get brain damage at this point!

He laid there as still as he could, breathing slowly and trying to ignore his body's screams of pain, as the door to the carriage flew open, revealing an overly-muscular thug dressed in a dirt-stained shirt and brown pants. He was grabbed and pulled to his feet with no consideration for his condition. He was practically dragged into the clearing of a heavily-wooded forest and shoved towards a black-cloaked figure.

Ambrose blinked in horror as his eyes met the disgustingly familiar green eyes of his captor. "Venion Stan," he choked out, instantly realizing what was happening.

What the fuck? The main character was supposed to be kidnapped, not him!

A horrifying thought flittered through his mind.

Holy shit.

Was he the main character now?

Ambrose mentally gagged at the thought as Venion stepped forward to wrap his arms around Ambrose's slim frame. "Finally, my love, we're together without the interference of the filthy Henituse dog."

An obsessive noble, Ambrose thought dully. Called it.

Cale had better save him soon.

A/N: i have a discord server! everyone on the server is amazing, and i've really been enjoying the conversations i've been having on there, not to mention the art! come join us! i guarantee everyone will be glad to have you <3

https://discord.gg/QEmzrHdvE2