1

He peered into the gravity defying capsule and two enormous teary eyes stared back at him. He froze. Swaddled inside was a creature about the size of an infant. The shade of it's unnatural skin was sickly with blotches of pink coating it's swollen "cheeks", no doubt from crying.

Both of the mounds protruding out of his face in the place of it's cheeks slightly reminded him of an inflamed tumor. It's forehead was indented with creases not unlike wrinkles making it to simoatainisly look both 1 and 90 years old. Its ill fitted ears projected out of either side of it's head causing him to consider if this was some kind of deformed tooka. Not a trace of beauty could be found in it's sorry little face. It's hideous, he decided.

The sudden wailing that bellowed out of it's small mouth tore him from his trance.

He tried shooing the demon but to no avail. He hastily snatched it from its capsule and rocked it left and right, remembering seeing a clan member doing the same thing to a newborn foundling. Thankfully he'd only have to carry it around with him until he completes the bounty.

Abruptly, it stopped its howling and looked up at him unsettlingly. It's bulging eyes still red rimmed from tears.

It was as if the galaxy had stilled and the planets stopped shifting at once when it's eyes bore into his soul. Everything and everybody froze in place except the mandalorian and the creature.

It's small 3 fingered hand reached up and touched his beskar helmet and immediately he was filled with an indescribable feeling. Overwhelmed, he shut his eyes and a few moments later he reopened them and was puzzled by the unfamiliar warmth that newly resided in his chest.

The child cooed at him causing it to once again capture his attention. Somehow, its rosy cheeks and aged forehead were somewhat cute now as opposed to 20 minutes ago.

After realizing how long he was staring at it he put it back into the capsule and before he stalked around making sure there were no other bounty-hunter-droids or mercenaries left, unusually he felt the urge to touch the still outstretched finger of the child with his own.

Satisfied, he stopped walking and something bumped into him. Swiftly turning around he snatched his blaster and aimed it at the child. Realizing what he was doing he immediately put it away and was amazed to see the child was in the floating capsule following him.

It made a startled sound.

Deciding not to question it, he and the child made their way back to the ship and of the desert planet without much interference. Although, the mandolarian was confused when he felt a pang in his chest when they headed back to Nevarro to secure his credits.