3

Grogu had been in that capsule for what felt like an eternity since the Jedi Purge. Although the darkness had become his constant companion, a safety blanket he clung to in the face of the terrifying unknown that lay beyond, it wasn't enough to stop the waterworks when he thought about temple and his past masters. And then, one day, the capsule opened, and he saw a face - the face of a warrior, a defender, a Mandalorian.

     But instead of feeling comforted or safe, Grogu felt a surge of terror and fear wash over him. This being was nothing like the jedi who had raised and trained him. He appeared dangerous, intimidating, and filled with a sense of power that made Grogu's knees weak.

     Nothing could prevent the tears and shrill noises that erupted out of him.

     Seemly panicked, the warrior quickly reached out to him, picking up his small, wriggling form, Grogu cried out louder, his fear overwhelming him. He was convinced that this was it - that he was about to meet his end at the hands of this terrifying creature.

     But then, something strange happened. Instead of harming him, the Mandalorian began to rock him gently, shooing at him. It was confusing - were they here to protect him?

     Grogu struggled to think, his mind clouded with fear and uncertainty. He knew from his time in the temple that the force could be used to influence the emotions of others. Could it be possible that he could use it now, to make this mandalorian feel more paternal towards him, to save himself?

    Immediately, he forced himself to stop crying. He looked straight at the face of the beskar helmet and slowly brung his small arm to it, his 3 fingered hand barely touching the cold surface.

But, even as he tried to focus, to channel the power of the force, he couldn't shake the feeling of terror that had taken root in his heart. He was alone, adrift, and utterly consumed by a fear that threatened to leave him paralyzed.

   As the Mandalorian continued to hold him close, Grogu prayed to the force it would work. He couldn't help but wonder if this would be the last time he saw the safety of his capsule.