8. True Loves Kiss

The dwarves couldn't understand. Snow was in a state of rest. Unwaking and frozen in time it seemed. Otto couldnt help the satisfactory smile that curved his lips as Snow was placed in a glass coffin.

No one could wake her. Everyone assumed herself gone.

A moon later a new queen was chosen and wed Viserys right away. Alicent Hightower. 

+

"Otto poisoned her." Grumpy declared. "I know it, that man was sneaky and spiteful and now his child of a daughter is on the throne."

"Get the guy. The guy she was fucking."

"Yeah that guy."

"Who was he?"

"I dont know they all look the same to me." Grumpy grumbled. 

"Whats with their hair? Is it early aging, bad genes?" Doc pondered. "Maybe the elder they get, the better they look and thats why the king looks like death... wait I think the other one was younger..."

"Just find him!" Grumpy demanded. Rickard sent word for Cregan and he came to say goodbye to his sister he stared down at her as she lay in a glass coffin. 

"She's alive?" Cregan whispered. Snow had always been his big sister, his role model, his bad ass older sister that got into trouble with him and now she looked so fragile. 

"Please prince Daemon!" Sneezy sneezed out when he found Daemon. "You are our last hope!" 

"What are you talking about?" Daemon countered as he finished his bottle of wine. 

"Snow. Shes not dead. Not really, maybe you could bring her back." Dopey agreed. 

"She's dead." Daemon rasped confused. 

"No, I mean yes technically speaking but magically speaking, no. Her heart still beats," Doc cut in. 

"How could I wake her?" Daemon countered. 

"Its a bit of a long shot." Doc remarked. "If you could just see her..." Daemon nodded following them out. 

He stared down at her perfect face when he got to glass coffin. 

"I want to say goodbye." Daemon demanded and they moved the lid of the coffin aside. Daemon stared down at Snow he closed his eyes taking a moment to say goodbye when Dopey spoke up. 

"True loves kiss." Dopey instructed. 

"What?" Daemon snapped back. 

"Its a curse you see, only true loves kiss can break the curse." Doc agreed. 

"Could you try, please Prince Daemon?" Cregan questioned. "Please, she was- she is my sister. If... it sounds crazy but hey its worth a shot right?" Cregan offered hopefully. Daemon nodded. He leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to her cheery red lips. When he pulled back all the dwarves leaned in waiting for the aha moment, the breath to fill her lungs but her eyes remained closed, yet her heart beat on.

Daemon kissed her but she didnt wake up. After the shock of their failure the dwarves were furious. 

"I told you!" Grumpy shouted. "I fucking told you there is no such thing as true loves kiss!" 

"Thank you for trying." Cregan offered as he pressed a kiss to Snow's hand before placing it back down gently in the coffin. 

This was their last hail mary chance to save Snow and they failed. They closed up the coffin and headed their separate ways.