𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭?

Modern high school AU :)

"It'll be fine, I promise." William said to Louis. They had just moved here and all of the schools had only one spot open, so they couldn't get to the same school, even though they did pass the entrance exam with a perfect score.

Louis nodded and closed the door to William's car. William watched Louis walk inside nervously before starting the car and driving to his school.

The school building was huge and it had white walls. There were lots of windows and a glass door. William opened the door and walked inside. "Class 287..." William looked on the numbers on the doors. "Here." He knocked on the door.

"Oh, you must be the new student." A male teacher opened the door. He looked annoyed and William heard the noice of the classroom almost shaking the walls.

"ALRIGHT, QUIET PLEASE!" the teacher yelled as soon as they got inside with William. The classroom didn't even notice. The teacher grabbed a megafone on his table and yelled the same phrase again, now drawing the class's attention. "We have a new student. Please introduce yourself." The teacher sighed and let himself fall on his chair.

"Um, Hi. I'm William, Nice to meet you." William stuttered, not knowing what to say. He took a quick glance over the classroom to see three seats that were free. "Uh, professor? Where do I sit?" William turned to look at the tired teacher. "Anywhere, that's not taken yet." The teacher stated.

Sherlock's eyes widened when he saw the blonde enter the classroom. He almost passed out on how cute this newcomer looked. William was wearing a brown oversized hoodie, in which he was able to hide himself easily because of the nervous feeling the first day brought to him. And gosh, even William's voice was angelic.

"...That's not taken yet." Sherlock zoned back to the real world. He quickly looked at the three free seats, to see how sure it was that William would sit on the free spot beside him. His friend used to sit in that spot but they made so much noise and chaos that the teacher had to change the seating plan.

One of the other seats were in the middle of a group of girls known for gossiping. They wouldn't let anyone get in the way of their gossiping. If William even tried to sit there, the girls would get him out of there in the blink of an eye. Maybe they weren't as smart as Sherlock but when it came to this girls were the best in making plans within seconds AND somehow telling it to the other girls without anyone noticing.

The last seat was a perfect one for anyone new to go onto. It was far away from the teacher's desk and since it was in the back row, no one could see you without you seeing them. Now it was sure. William wouldn't sit beside Sherlock if Sherlock didn't do anything.

As expected, William quickly walked over to the back desk, smiling to anyone who looked at him. As soon as William was sat and the attention was drawn away from him, all the girls leaned their shoulders on the empty desk, forming a circle, where no one could hear their chat. Now, relating William and the little details no one else noticed in him.

Sherlock came up with only one plan on how to sit beside the ruby-eyed blonde. He stood up slowly kind of regretting what he was doing. "Hey! What are you talking about?" Sherlock approached the girls. He felt the dark atmosphere quickly fade away and the girls turned to look at him with either a smile or a confused look on their face. "How can we help?" One of the girls smiled.

Now Sherlock had to think on how to ask the girls. Usually he'd flirt but some of these girls were his friends so they all probably knew he was gay and would just be confused if he flirted so he just decided to ask normally.

"That new boy, William. Can you arrange it so I sit beside him?" Sherlock whispered to the girls. He was ready to take the 'no' and just leave but the girls agreed immediately. That's right, girls love romance, of course they'd do this. "So~ How are you planning on telling him?~" one of the girls teased. "I- It's nothing like that!" Sherlock denied. "So you're still in denial? That's fine too. Guess you don't want us to tell you anything about William." One of the girls opened her notebook. "Huh? He's new what do you mean information?" Sherlock asked. "Nothing. Unless you admit that-" One of the girls started. "Fine!" Sherlock yelled.