・❥・𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤・❥・

"Y/N, are you coming?"

The girl snapped out of her trance and looked over to her father who was a few feet in front of her now. She had been looking at the display window of an antique shop, admiring the lost treasures that awaited to find a new home. Maybe she could come back and buy some things for her room and the house, but for now she had to focus on what she and her father came out to do.

Waving a hand in front of the (h/c)-ette's face until she recognized that she was being spoken to, her father was speaking to her but she couldn't understand it until she zoned back in. Suddenly, she flinched when she came to. "Ah... I'm sorry." she apologized, looking down.

The older man just sighed and with a tired smile he pat her head, "It's alright, N/N." The reassurance lightened her mood by just a little, letting her head raise up. "Say, where should we go first? Stationary or uniform fitting?" he asked in an attempt to get his daughter re-engaged in their outing.

Y/N thought for a moment, putting a finger to her cheek. "Uniform fitting... I'd rather get the worst thing done first." she stated. Rinosuke smiled in response and ruffled her (h/c) hair, "Alright, lets do that then. Mr. Saikou was kind enough to give me an address for the tailors that make their uniforms. Who would've figured that they had their own uniform company... Akademi must be a big deal." he mused.

"Akademi?" the girl asked. Her father nodded in response, "Akademi High School." Y/N nodded in understanding. 'From what I heard so far, they must be for the elite... Will I even fit in?' Thoughts like this would begin to make the girl noticably nervous to which her father put an arm on her shoulder and looked down at her.

"You know..." he started "the fact you got in on a scholarship could teach those rich kids a lesson." Upon hearing this, Y/N looked up at the tall man. "What do you mean, Papa?"

"Well, it sounds like a place that only really rich people can get in there. If you got in there with your brain alone, I'm sure they'd be impressed." he smiled, attempting to ease his daughter's worries about her new school environment. Surprisingly, this seemed to calm Y/N to a degree. 

A small smile made its way to her lips. "Yeah.. Thanks, Papa." she was truly grateful for this. Rinosuke would pat her back lightly, "Anytime, kiddo. Now, let's get going." he would continue on to the tailoring parlor to get Y/N a uniform.

Once they had entered the store, a receptionist looked up at the two and greeted them warmly, "Good afternoon, are you L/N family?" this took both Y/N and her father by surprise to which the woman noticed. "Oh don't worry, we were told to expect you here for a uniform fitting, yes?" she reasured.

This made the two a relax a bit, Rinosuke responded to the woman "Yes, we are the L/N's. This is my daughter, Y/N. I assume you won't need me to do that though." he chuckled nervously. Y/N looked over at her father in slight distress, not wanting to really do this alone.

'Please don't make me go alone, I don't even know them-'  she pleaded internally. Her father seemed to pick up on her nervousness, "Don't worry, Y/N. I'll be right out here while you get fitted, they're gonna take care of you. Right, Miss...?" he looked to the receptionist. "Ms. Chisa, sir" she smiled. 

Though she didn't seem to fully believe or trust the strange woman, she really didn't have a choice. And so, she allowed herself to be whisked away by a group of three other women to be fitted for a uniform. 

Though she didn't want to be there, and was panicking slightly, she just stayed still and quiet. Y/N only responded via nods or shakes of the head or small, one or two worded answers. However, they did a good job with the fitting. The uniform was form fitting and flattered her figure nicely, something that Y/N was somewhat greatful. 

Another thing she learned was the named of the three women; Ms. Botan, Mrs. Etsudo, and Mrs. Kaiyo. They were actually quite nice, however they were quite talkative much to Y/N's dismay. Luckily, the whole process only took about twenty minutes and she was out of there quickly with her new uniform. 

When Y/N had returned to her father, she hid shyly behind him as he paid the for the expenses of the uniform and services. When he finished, he waved goodbye to Chisa and left with Y/N.

Now the two walked down the street, Y/N clutching the bag that held her uniform in her arms much to Rinosuke's amusement. "So, now to get stationary then home?" he asked. Y/N only mumbled a response, "I have stationary at home..." 

Her father looked down at the girl with a raised eyebrow. "I thought you like shopping for those things?" Y/N's eyes stayed on the ground, "I do... I just want to go home." Upon seeing her reclused state, he let out a small sigh. "Did you over do it?" Y/N paused for a moment, then nodded. 

"I see... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed it." he said. "..It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong." the (h/c)-ette responded. Her father just nodded, "How about I go pick it up for you? You can use your stuff at home but I'll get the other things you need, okay?" he suggested, hoping it would make her feel a bit better. 

Y/N looked up at her father in bewilderment, "Really? You'd do that?" she asked. He nodded once more, "Of course, you've done a lot of unpacking and you've got school Monday, you should rest up." Y/N stared at him for a full moment before suddenly wrapping him in a hug, something she hadn't willingly done in some time. 

"...Thank you, papa."

"I- ...No problem, kiddo."

𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕊𝕜𝕚𝕡: ̗̀➛

It was now night time, Y/N was in her room and was setting everything out for the next day. To say she was nervous was an understatement. If today wore her out, how would she feel tomorrow? Y/N had decided that she would do her absolute best to stay away from big crowds, loud noises, and talking too much. Though something told her that it might not be a full-proof plan. 

Throwing herself onto her bed once she changed into her pjs, she let her body come in contact with her soft blankets and relaxed. She lazily felt around for her phone, grabbing it off the nightstand and checking her social medias.

No surprise to her, she only had 2 total notifications out of five apps. It was impossible to deny, Y/N was lonely. It wasn't out of isolation nor out of being socially inept, but rather it was because many people she had interacted with in the past, nerver really stuck around. Sure, they would talk to her and sure, they would ask for her number to keep in touch. But did they ever reach out? No.

However, this was a fate that Y/N had accepted a while ago. She wasn't mad or bitter, though sometimes she felt like it would be nice to have a close friend or two. Either way, she didn't waste time beating herself up. She just turned on some quiet music to sleep and put her phone on the charger. 

Curling up in the warm covers, Y/N clutched one of the many stuffed animals on her bed and fell asleep in the comfortable warmth of her bed. The dreamy girl would go on to dream of outlandish scenarios that would bring her comfort.