Bringing Back Memories

"Coleeee wait for me" two children were playing outside of their family home in a small field with a stream running through it
Their mother had died some time ago and try as she might the little girl could not get her brother to play with her anymore
"just leave me alone ???"
Slowing down the little girl stopped running after him, he was a few years older than her there was no way she would catch up to him
"but you promised... You promised we would do this together"

Together

Together

Togethe

Togeth

TOGETHER

TOGETHER

I had been staring at myself in the mirror for quite some time now, I wasnt sure if it had been minutes or maybe even hours so caught up in my own thoughts I hadn't even noticed the time go by.

Some of the kabuki had to up and drag Cole away as I was led to my room. Everything was pink. I didn't mind it though, somehow they had managed to match my signature pastel shade almost perfectly. The bed was one of the softest I had ever slept on, a rose crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and the closet had a new uniform for me to wear during the tournament. A light pink pair of cargo pants with a white turtleneck body suit and white converses, the ninja may have their sneaky no noise shoes but I liked to take it old school. With SNEAKERSS. When I pulled out the uniform to try it on and see how it fits I noticed a light pink and gold kimono sitting behind it tucked neatly away into the corner of the closet.

I wonder what thats for

I had just finished getting changed and was checking out the bathroom that had a solid rose quartz tub when master chens voice crackled over some sort of speaker
"tournament fighters, hidden around my island are enough jade blades for every participant except one. the one who returns to the palace arena empty handed LOSES. The tournament begins... NOW"
I flinched slighty now 100% alert my eyes searching for this supposed jade blade.
What are the odds of finding...
a jade blade was placed neatly on the windowsill on a stand that made it look like it was always intended to be there.

This man doesnt play fair, clearly. Grabbing the blade I made my way outside of my bedroom doors only to witness pure chaos. Everyone was pushing and shoving each other to get to the nearest blade and it looked quite amusing. They all paid little mind to me, too focused on getting to the blades, and since I wasnt racing alongside them they couldnt seem to care less.

Huffing slightly in pride that I didnt have to use my elemental power I placed my prize on the golden stand forged to hold all the blades except one and waited paitiently for todays competition to end so that I could hopefully get dinner and go to bed. The extra time on my hands gave me an opportunity to contemplate the days events.

Why was it so easy for me now in the first round

Its almost like it was intentional

Whats this master Chen playing at

He wouldn't have planted the jade blade there just because he felt like it...

Right?

Inevitably my thoughts drifted to more concerning matters. Like how I felt now that the cat was out of the bag with Cole. Its been 8 years since I last saw the bastard and yet I cant help but wonder what had made him choose to stay away for all those years in the first place.

He had clearly been off his game because he ended up being one of the last competitors to walk in with his blade, so much so that I started worrying whether he would make it or not. After maybe 15 minutes we all saw how Karloff walked in with the final blade but was bested by Kai and heaven forbid...
A SCREW DRIVER???
Karloff lost and we all saw how he fell through a trap door into the endless abyss to God knows where after master Chen pressed one of the many buttons on his fancy makeshift throne.
"as you can see, lose and you are out. Break any rule you are out. Never bite the hand that feeds you... Master Chen delicious noodles"

His voice varied between dark almost sinister and his happy, go lucky voice that annoyed me to my core. This man is impossible to read.
"now rest up, tomorrow the tournament will recomense"
With the bang of a golden mini gong we were all excused to dinner. Naturally I sat with Tox, after all shes truly my only friend here. I know we would most likely be turned against one another at some point in the competition but I still hold onto hope that will never happen.

I could feel his eyes peering into my soul as we all sat in the dining hall slurping away at noodles curtosy of 'master Chens noodle house'. Making eye contact I was surprised he didnt look away instead he kept his glare fixed and It honestly scared me. Ive never seen him like this before, clearly all those years training as one of the ninja hardened him.

Getting up I didnt even bother to excuse myself. Tox sent a confused glance my way as I signaled him to follow me outside, hoping maybe even praying that he still understood our little made up language that we'd come up with when we were children.

"you have questions Im assuming?" I asked him as I leant against the wall of one of the empty corridors with my arms crossed over my chest. He raised a brow before chuckling darkly "what makes you think I want to talk to you?"

"dont bullshit me Cole I could feel you burning holes in the back of my head almost all day" I scoffed.
There was a second of silence that fell between us, I could see what he was thinking, it was written on his face and for what its worth his thoughts didn't seem pleasant
"were you ever going to tell me?" he finally asked, being the first to break the awkward tension.

Hes talking about my powers

REALLY?

that's the first thing he asks?!

"its a bit difficult when you disappear and I dont hear from you for 8 years"
As far as I knew he had gone to a music and art school somewhat of a family tradition he'd decided to follow. Then about a year ago I heard that apparently he was a ninja and not just any ninja but the master of earth.

"you should be at home its not safe here" he was getting angry which only began to piss me off.
Who was he to come and tell me what to do
"Im 18 Cole I can do what I want"
"not if I have anything to say about it"
"yeah well you dont"
Ill admit that last part was a bit harsh but he had it coming.
"Im sorry..." he sighed defeated whispering so quietly I almost didn't hear him. It seems my silence seemed to prompt him to carry on talking
"I know I wasnt there, especially after... You have to know I didnt mean to leave you I was going to come back, I did go back. But youd left aswell no one knew where you'd gone and I blamed myself. Abandoning you for all those years it still haunts me"
He looked up at me after staring very hard at the ground for a hot second but his eyes they revealed just how genuine he was being.

"I went looking for you" I said.
"I went to Ninjago city with the hopes that I would find you, and I got involved with some bad people but then after a while Tox and her mom found me and they took me in. Ive been staying with them ever since"
He nodded and lifted his hand up to me.
"friends?" he asked awkwardly and I couldn't help but laugh lightly at him.
"friends" I agreed and shook his hand.

When we walked back into the dining hall and went our separate ways. "is it really her?" Kai hadnt even let Cole sit down before jumping into asking questions. "yep" Cole answered and Jay gasped dramatically "who?" Lloyd asked but was ignored "since when has she been an elemental master?!" Jay whispered harshly trying to cover his mouth so that no one would see what he was saying.
"guys? " Lloyd asked again, "I dont know she wouldn't say" Cole answered again.
"FOR GOD SAKE WILL SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME" Lloyd snapped at the group fed up with being ignored, he had questions too. Taking a deep breath he asked again
"who is she, and how do you all know her but I dont?"
The three paused and looked amongst each other not really having the heart to tell him until Cole spoke up

"shes my sister"