Chapter 12 (AWE)

A view of the Gallows was seen at Port Royal. The EITC colors were seen flying over the British colors. A line of people in rags was seen waiting for their turn at the Gallows, seven nooses were set up for seven criminals at a time. An EITC Officer was seen reading an official order.

EITC Officer:
In order to affect a timely halt to deteriorating conditions and to ensure the common good, a state of emergency is declared for these territories by decree of Lord Cutler Beckett, duly appointed representative of His Majesty, the king. By decree, according to martial law, the following statutes are temporarily amended: Right to assembly, suspended.

The executioner pulled the lever, and the seven were then hung to death.

EITC Officer:
Right to habeas corpus, suspended.

Seven more were set to be hanged, and the executioner pulled the lever again.

EITC Officer:
Right to legal counsel, suspended.

Another seven were hanged by the executioner.

EITC Officer:
Right to verdict by a jury of peers, suspended.

The bodies were piled up on a cart, and their boots were piled up.

EITC Officer:
By decree, all persons found guilty of piracy, or aiding a person convicted of piracy, or associating with a person convicted of piracy... ...shall be sentenced to hang by the neck until dead.

Seven more were set to be hanged save for one. A young boy, who as he went to the center noose looked up at it, then he looked down at his coin. He then began to sing.

Boy:
The king and his men stole the queen from her bed and bound her in her Bones. The seas be ours and by the powers where we will, we'll roam.

The Executioner gets a barrel for the boy, and placed him on it, and put the boy in the noose. Just then one of the other Pirates began to sing.

Pirate:
Yo, ho, All hands hoist the Colors high.

Pirates:
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.

Soon all of the Pirates joined in, the EITC soldiers were taken back by this.

Pirates:
Yo, ho, haul together, hoist the Colors high.

Groves:
Lord Beckett! They've started to sing, sir.

Cutler Beckett was silent for a moment before speaking.

Beckett:
Finally.

Pirates:
Thieves and beggars never shall we die.

The Executioner pulled the lever again, and the scene cuts to black.

Cut to Singapore:

We see Elizabeth in a boat rowing through. She was heard singing the song.

Elizabeth:
Some men have died, and some are alive. Others sail on the sea and others sail on the sea with the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay We lay to Fiddler's Green. The bell has been raised from its watery grave Hear its sepulchral tone A call to all Pay heed the squall We are a call to all, pay head the squall.

She looks up to a bridge where Mercer, and a group of EITC Officers were following him.

Elizabeth:
Turn your sails to home and turn your sail toward home! Yo, ho, haul together, Hoist the colors high Heave-ho. Thieve...

Tai Huang:
Thief and beggar. Never say we die.

He and a few men were approaching her, threatening like as he finished the song.