Chapter 1

It's a foggy day, and you can barely see through the fog.

Young Elizabeth and Young Isabelle were seen standing at the bow of a ship and singing

Young Elizabeth/Young Isabelle:
...We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up -

Gibbs puts his hand on their shoulders which surprises them.

Gibbs:
Quiet, missies cursed pirates sail these waters. You don't want to bring them down on us now, do ya?

Lieutenant Norrington was then heard.

Norrington:
Mr. Gibbs that will do!

Gibbs:
They was singing about pirates. Bad luck to be singing about pirates with us mired in this unnatural fog. Mark my words.

Norrington:
Consider them marked. On your way.

Gibbs:
Aye, Lieutenant. It's bad luck to have a women on board, too, even miniature ones.

He said the last quietly as he walked away and took a swig out of his flask.

Young Elizabeth:
I think it'd be rather exciting to meet a pirate.

Younger Isabelle:
Yes, it would be an interesting experience.

Norrington then just smiled.

Norrington:
Think again, Miss Swann, and my dear young sister. Vile and dissolute creatures, the lot of them. I intend to see to that any man who sails under a pirate flag or wears a pirate brand gets what he deserves - a short drop and a sudden stop.

Elizabeth, and Isabelle glances at Gibbs who mimes a hanging with his flask, and they gasped at this.

Governor Swann:
Lieutenant Norrington , I appreciate your fervor. But I'm...I'm concerned about the effect this subject will have upon my daughter.

Norrington:
My apologies, Governor Swann .

Young Elizabeth:
Actually, I find it all fascinating.

Governor Swann:
Yes, that's what concerns me.

Young Elizabeth sees a parasol floating in the water Young Isabelle then taps her shoulder and pointed at a piece of wreckage with a boy on it in the water.

Young Elizabeth:
Look, a boy! There's a boy in the water!

She shouts.

Norrington:
Man overboard!

He screams as men ran to the starboard of the ship.

Norrington:
Fetch a Hook! Haul him aboard.

Men were then seen throwing ropes, and they eventually get him on board, and Norrington checks on him.

Norrington:
He's still breathing.

Gibbs then is seen looking at a terrible sight.

Gibbs:
Mary, Mother of God!

Everyone then rushed to see what he was seeing.