I Can See It In Your Eyes

...soooo, sorry for not updating for two months, I was in a silly, goofy, mood.

Happy birthday, Helms! if you read it after your birthday, oh well

I'll have another chapter up, to make up for the lack of them, hopefully today.

"Griffin! Help me!" Finney pleads, trying to peel the small child off of him. "Nah, that one is all you babe!" Griffin smiles, sipping at his slushy-type margarita that Billy brought over. Speaking of...

"Hey, so should we be helping him?" Billy asks, coming up behind Griffin and letting his arms snake around Griffin while his head goes to rest on top of Griffin's. Sometimes Griffin loves the height difference, others he wants to chop off some of Billy's legs to help himself.

Griffin thinks for a second.

"Nah."

"Okay. Bed?" Billy asks, and Griffin probably should have changed. Since it's three in the afternoon and he's still in the clothes he slept in.

Clothes that technically belong to him at this point, despite him never purchasing the pieces of fabric.

Bruce despises them and their seemingly never-ending honeymoon phase, truly.

"No, there's a child," Griffin declines, stepping away from the embrace and moving over to their living room. "Fair enough. I love Stace, but I also hate Gwen's kid," Billy groans looking over to the four-year-old. "What are you gonna do when we have kids one day? That's a constant," Griffin dips into his room quickly, coming back out with a cardigan and resuming his point seamlessly. "When we have kids? As in me and you?" Billy asks, and Griffin pauses, and swallows all the spit in his throat, which seemed to be a lot since it was in the form of a lump.

"No, as in when we have kids. As in when you get a nice fiance or marriage going for yourself and decide to have a kid," Griffin corrects, sitting down in the makeshift playpen they'd constructed for Stacy and Skylar in their living room.

"Oh, okay."

Because that makes sense.

It makes sense that Griffin is thinking ahead and thinking about their future.

Futures where neither is involved with the other.

Because, Billy, personally, thought Olivia was a pitstop.

A small obstacle in their relationship and story.

The story being one where the ending is them living happily ever after. A bit of a 'cringe' or 'campy' as Griffin would typically try and describe.

"Griffin, you are digging yourself a deep grave," Bruce tells him when they're alone in his bedroom, laying the kids down for a nippy nap.

He's becoming his mother, a scary thought, to say the least.

"What do you mean?" Griffin asks, still holding Sarah while he burps her. "You're making Billy think he isn't the– the thing," Bruce tries, he forgets what words Griffin likes to use for his interests. "Soulamtes? Bruce, soulmates aren't assigned, they're made. If you think you could make something work with someone, then get to work making it work. I made my bed a long time ago, I think you should try to too. Whenever you're ready," Griffin smiles from the floor, now with Sarah laying in his lap. She may be almost four (just about a week longer!!), but she's still as precious as the day he met her.

That sentiment will probably be squashed the moment she starts kindergarten and those children infiltrate her ways of thinking.

Or maybe he's being salty because he knows she's biologically (he counts it because it's the same last name) similar to him and he started hating everyone and everything by age five.