Chapter 42: Backstory

A/N: OK FIRST OF ALL SORRY FOR PUTTING THE AUTHOR'S NOTES AT THE BEGINNING (AGAIN) BUT PLEASE READ THIS

I honestly wasn't sure if I should even continue at this point because 

1, it's been so long since I posted the last chapter, 

2, this chapter needed major editing (if you remember, Harumi is about to tell everyone her backstory! and I thought I originally had everyone react too well to it), and 

3, I didn't know if anyone even still read this because of how bad I've been with posting, but tiredofthesamename commented about wanting an update and I thought, hey, if there's even one person who wants to read, then I'll do it (and I also really really like the ending I have)! So thank you for giving me motivation to post this because I don't think I would've otherwise and honestly this is good for me to actually finish something that I've started. 

My new goal is to finish posting the rest of this book before next semester. Hopefully it happens! 

Ok I'm done rambling sorry lol enjoy!

Morro's POV

"Oh, it's you," Ruby said with an eye roll as I walked into the room.

"Why so glum about it? If I were you, seeing me be a pleasure," I smirked, folding my arms across my chest and leaning against the doorframe. Then, dropping the fake cheery facade, I straightened up and uncrossed my arms, and continued, "What'd you call me in here for?"

"I've noticed you've opened up a makeshift hospital."

Pursing my lips, I narrowed my eyes and clenched my teeth. "What else was I going to do with those supplies after you so kindly took care of my problems for me? Forgot to mention, thank you," I added with as bitterness as I could muster.

"You're very welcome. Now, tell me more about this hospital."

"It's more like a nurse's office or whatever," I said, finding it harder and harder to hold her gaze.

"What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?"

"Can't I be kind and selfless without some external motivation? Besides, having healthy warriors is beneficial to our cause."

She raised her eyebrows. "I know you too well; you wouldn't be doing this unless it's for your own gain. Spill, Morro, I promise I won't get mad."

I stroked my chin as if in deep thought. "Let's see, pros: you, my dear Shadow Knight, won't murder me; cons: now that I think about it," I changed the tone of voice to sound more serious and believable, so that hopefully she'd buy the lie, "None? I don't understand, why are you so skeptical? Are you worried that if your warriors aren't in constant pain they'll stage a mutiny? None of us are threats against your power."

"Look who's talking, Power Boy," Ruby scoffed.

"I could give them up right now. I don't care," I said, throwing my arms up in fake exasperation, "I've had them for almost two weeks already and it's not like I've ever used them on you. I've told you all my plans, so I don't have anything to hide. And besides, you were the one who kissed―" still gross "me, so isn't that supposed to guarantee that I'm not going to betray you?" Apparently it didn't, but she didn't need to know that.

"You let your friends go," she replied coldly.

"I wasn't going to let them die," I yelled, feeling the emotions I'd long suppressed rising in my chest, "You think you can march around and just kill anyone and everyone, but let me tell you this: I can do whatever I want and you can't stop me. And if you want to kill me right now, do it and say goodbye to Ninjago."