4) hanging out isn't so bad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deciding that the group has been way too adamant on working even on free days, shiro and coran manage to get the teen paladins to simply chill together.
hunk, however, is also in need of a hug. just cause.
chaos ensues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

shiro heaves a content sigh, leaving his eyes closed with cucumbers pressed on his eyelids as he tips his head back against the couch.

no pressing events have come up that day, so everyone is kind of just— hanging out.

at first, everyone wanted to do different things.

pidge, being the workaholic they are, (to be fair, everyone on the ship is, honestly) wanted to hole up in their room to work on another project, and probably not eat anything until they were absolutely famished.

it would not stand with shiro. he dragged them out of their room despite many attempts of escapism and retaliation. eventually, he managed to coerce them into staying in the lounge by saying they could bring their laptop to work there.

it wasn't the most ideal exchange, since shiro simply didn't want them to work at all, but it would have to do.

allura wanted to work more on coalition work, because the list of events and plants was not getting any smaller, and she had many things to research in order of both battle responsibilities and diplomatic responsibilities.

coran wouldn't take it. he managed to convince her into taking a break, saying how the plans will become sloppy without proper breaks.
she grumbled about being told she's sloppy, but eventually complied.

keith, being a maniac he is, just planned on training. literally. he claimed needing to work on his "technique" despite being one of the most effective fighters out of all of the teenagers.

he was also the most stubborn.

shiro hauled him over his shoulder in one swoop, ignoring the hits being made on his back and keith's voice screeching in his ear.

lance— well, lance didn't want to do much. he was one of the rare teens to actually respect his self needs, commonly applying face masks and meditating when nothing important was happening.

save for the self sacrificial bull crap he would pull regularly on missions, but they can't have it all, they suppose.

however, even though coran and shiro weren't bothered by his "me time," and didn't have to force him into relaxation like the other three, lance heard everyone being in the lounge and joined, bringing god knows how many items in a small bag along with him.

hunk wasn't doing anything particularly busy either, he just settled himself in the kitchen, and when shiro came to him offering some hangout time, he grinned, promising he would make snacks.

and shiro couldn't deny, hunk makes the best snacks.

so now the paladins— except for hunk, who was making said snacks —sat together in the lounge, blankets and pillows scattered around in the dim lights, watching some boring altean rom-com while pidge tries to connect the movies pre-downloaded on their software onto the screen.