culture

Common Beliefs:

The deep sea is sacred and should be respected and protected

Every living creature in the ocean has a purpose and a role to play in the ecosystem.

The spirits of our ancestors guide and protect us.

Honoring the dead is important, and they should be sent off to the afterlife with respect and gratitude.

God(s): They have no gods, but they do believe that their ancestors help and guide them throughout their lives.

Holidays:

ScaldWings celebrate the changing of the tides, marking the beginning and end of each season

They also celebrate the bioluminescent bloom, which occurs annually when certain organisms in the ocean emit light, creating a beautiful and awe-inspiring display.

Traditions and Rituals: The ScaldWings have a ritual where they release bioluminescent lanterns into the ocean to honor their ancestors and guide their spirits to the afterlife

During the changing of the tides, the ScaldWings hold a ceremony where they make offerings to the dead to ask for protection and guidance.

Traditional Clothing/Styles: during ceremonies, their clothing is designed to be lightweight and flowy, allowing them to move freely in the water. They are made mainly of bioluminescent materials and shells, and they like wearing jewlery such as necklaces and bracelets made from rare and precious materials.

Traditional Foods: One of their traditional foods is a type of bioluminescent plankton that is harvested during the bioluminescent bloom. It is said to have a sweet and tangy taste, and its consumption is believed to bring good luck and health.