{1} Assignment Assigned

{I advise you to read the description. Thank you :) }
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beep beep. Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Be-

You groan as you slammed your fist on the alarm. Finally, silence. Rubbing your eyes, you stare at the ceiling, noticing the sun is a little too bright. Your eyes widened. You shot up, your soft blankets flinged into the air, and twisted your head towards your clock. 7:45. 15 more minutes left.

"Sh¡t!" You swore as you scrambled out of bed. You slammed open your  closet and grabbed a random T-shirt and pants. Once you got the T-shirt on, you stuck one leg into your pants and hopped out of your room, where your confused roommate, Megan, looked back at you.

"Are you okay Y/-"
"NO!"

You hopped to the bathroom. With no time for breakfast, brushing your teeth was the next step.

Finally managing to get your pants on, your grabbed your brush and toothpaste and scrubbed like your life depended on it. Which it didn't; but your money did.

"Whash twisme is wit?"
"What?"
You spat out the toothpaste, rinsing your brush quickly. "What time is it?!"
"Oh, its.... 7:52!"
"I'M GOING TO BE FUCKING LATE!" You screamed, hitting your toe on the doorway as you tried escaping the bathroom.
"OW! FU-"
"Y/N! I do not appreciate that language!" Megan scolded.
"-dge. Fudge! Now can you please bring me to work?" You begged, trying to do the best cartoon puppy eyes you could ever do on Megan.
"Do I have a choice?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Do I need to answer that?"
Sighing, Megan grabbed her coat and car keys. "Let's go doofis, before you turn into a 3 year old having a tantrum."

🕒 !Time Skip! 🕒

"Have fun at work!" Megan called as you entered the massive building. You winced at those words. It may not be your work for long anymore.

"Y/N..."
You turn to see your co-worker, Jeremy, giving you the most judgemental look a person could give.
"Your late; Boss is really furious about that."
You look down at your shoes, your face hot with embarrassment.
Jeremy sighs, "Better tell the Boss what happened or you'll be in even more trouble if he finds you just standing here."
Nodding, you make your way down the enormous hallways. At the very end, two huge brown doors were quite visible. At the top, golden letters spelt out what everyone dreaded to see.

Mr. Falcon's Office
Aka, The Boss

You took a deep breath, placed a hand on the doorknob, and swung it open.

You were immediately introduced to a glaring man, hands tied together, as if he was expecting you. Which he probably was.

His navy blue suit was the only dark colored item in the giant, bright room. Everything else was either covered with colors or just plain white. Even his desk was made of glass, which really didn't look good, since there were quite a lot of fingerprints on it.

"Sit." He murmured, snapping you back to reality.

Following his directions, you sat at a light pink chair, sitting right across from your bosses desk. This was nerve raking.

"Care to explain why you are 20 minutes late?"
"I woke up late." You fiddled with your hands, nervousness making your body extremely hot.

Mr. Falcon was known for being very strict person. You knew this would probably be the last time of you doing this job. Your dream job.

After what seemed like hours, Mr. Falcon finally spoke. "I would normally fire you for being late." Your head lowered even more, your eyebrows knitting together with worry. "But.. I will make an exception." You glance up, brighten by this news.
He raised his hand and you slumped back down in your seat.
"Now, don't get any ideas. Do this again and I will not hesitate to fire you."
"Yes Mr. Falcon."
"Now, away with that thought, I have some exciting news for you; and an assignment." He smiled, his pearling white teeth blinding you.
"What is it?" You asked politely, trying to keep your cool as your heart raged with excitement. Not only were you not getting fired, but an assignment?!
"Our scientists have found recently enormous amounts of activity deep within the Pacific Ocean."
You smiled as a million thoughts rushed through your head of all the possibilities. New artifacts fallen into the ocean? New animal remains? Fossils? Maybe even a new species!
"I need you and your crew to get prepared for next week, which is when you will be sent down into the sea to find out what all the commotion is about."
You nodded, the brightest smile on your face.
"Now go," he waved, "You and I both have work to do."
"Thank you Mr. Falcon, sir!" You manged to ramble before standing up and rushing out the doors. Once they were closed, you jumped into the air, smiling as if you just won the lottery. You skipped down the hall, ready to gather your crew up and explain what they needed to do.