{18} Surprise

You purposely avoided Jeremy for quite sometime. You had a strong feeling that if you got even close to him, he would start melting into tears.

At least you told him.. right?

~~~

"You're taking another day off?" Megan asked one morning during breakfast.

You looked up from your toast. "Yes?"

"You can't keep lacking off work like that." She scowled, picking up her empty plate and walking towards the sink.

"Why not? Boss hasn't stopped me." You bite down on your buttery toast.
"He hasn't yet."
"So what?"

Megan sighed, placing a wet towel on the counter. She turned and glared at you, making you freeze mid-bite.

"Y/N, whether you like it or not, you're going to work."

You huffed and stood from your wooden chair. "Fine." You snapped, "But I'm not going to try my best at work."

"Fine by me."

~~~

You slumped down in your office, staring at the blank document in front of you. Here you were, trying your best.

Boss was very surprised that you came into work that day. You had to explain why you decided to change your mind to him before he allowed you to go to your office.

Thanks a lot Megan.

Since you've been gone for quite a while, Boss had assigned you a makeup assignment. You had to write a 10 page description about how coral is formed. Meaning you had to do a bunch of research.

You slammed your head against your desk and groan when a sudden knock comes from your door. You stand up, give a silent prayer, and open the door, relief flooding your face once you see who the knocker is.

"Hai Y/N!" Lizzy beamed, wrapping her arms around you, "How ya doing?"
You chuckled slightly, pulling away from the tight hug. "I'm fine Liz."

Mark came up from behind her. "You've been gone for quite a long time shorty."
"HEY!" You slap his arm which only makes him laugh.
Liz gasps from behind you. "Mark we need to tell her the news!" She beams, grabbing his hand.
You stare at them confused.
"Y/N..." Liz started, smiling so wide, her face could've turned purple, "Me and Mark are dating!"

{DUH DUH DUUUHH! I'm sorry I had to}

"Really?" You gasped, watching them intertwine their fingers with eachothers, "Congratulations!"

Liz laughed and Mark stares at you like you're crazy.
"You're making it sound like she's pregnant." He chuckled, releasing his intense gaze.
"MARK!" You and Liz yell, both slapping his arms.
"Alright alright!" He raises his hands in surrender.

You laugh. You're glad Megan forced you to go to work today. Otherwise, you would've missed this spectacular moment.

~~~
You dig your toes into the cool sand.

Tonight was a specially warm night. Earlier, you set up a nice blanket on the sand with a basket full of treats. Now, you were waiting for Sun and Moon to appear.

"Sunshine!"
Speaking of the devil. You chuckled at that thought.

Sun and Moon prompted themselves onto the beach. The both of them looked at what you had set up with wide eyes. You laughed and patted the blanket.
Now that you noticed the boys size, you were glad you chose the extra large blanket.

Sun was the first to settle down on the blanket. The first thing he did was slam his giant head into the basket of food. This made his fins stick up like a mohawk.

"NO SUN!" You cried as Sun retracted his head and hop away with the sandwich in his mouth. You could here his giggles being muffled from the sandwich.

"Sun, give the sandwich back." Moon chuckled, grabbing him by shoulder.
"Aww man." Sun sighed, removing the sandwich and tossing it over to you. You caught it surprisingly well.

Now, both you and the boys were enjoying some delicious sandwiches on the blanket. When you were done, you all laid on the ground and stared at the stars.

"I've counted 1,698,736,978 stars since I could count." Sun beamed proudly.
"Sun.." Moon growled jokingly, "There are way more stars than that."
You chuckled at Sun puzzled face. He then crossed his arms and huffed.

~~~
You let a yawn escape your mouth as you sat up.
"I better get going you two." You say, starting to roll up the blanket.
"Already?" Sun whined, placing his head on yours.
"I'm sorry Sunny." You sigh as Moon nuzzle his head into your neck, "I'll be back tomorrow, promise."
"Okay.." The boys replied in union, both backing away into the water.
You wave over your shoulder as you run up the beach.

You were so happy from spending time with your favorite creatures, you didn't seem to notice a pair of binoculars in the distance, spying on your entire conversation.