{9} Reunited

You stepped out of the car and took a deep breath of the salty ocean air. You haven't been in this carnival for so long. The sounds of parents yelling and children screaming filled your ears. You fixed your light blue jacket, which was falling off your shoulders with the wind.
"See, a smile already!" Megan chuckled, shutting the car door behind her.
You rolled your eyes, "Yeah yeah."
"Shall we get started? I'm gonna let you pick all the rides!" Megan beamed, proud of her decision.
You grin, "I don't think you know how much power you just gave me."
Megan's eyes widened with worry.
You grab her wrist and run off, dragging Megan behind you.

🕒

"We are NOT riding that ferris-wheel!" Megan stated.
"Why not? It's not even scary!" You complain.
"Y/N, you know very well that I have a fear of heights."
"Fine, I'll go by myself."
"Fine," Megan scoffed, storming off and calling behind her shoulder, "I'M GETTING SNACKS."
You roll you eyes and stand in the surprisingly short line. You don't need Megan to have fun. Right?
~~~
You sit in the cart, the worker making sure everything was set and ready to go. With a flick of a switch, the doors slam shut and the ferris-wheel begins to move. With a small rumble, the cart goes higher and higher. You look out the glossy window, full of children's fingerprints, to find a beautiful bright blue sky with multiple fluffy white clouds. You scoot closer to the window and look down to the ocean. By now, you were at the tippity top of the ferris-wheel, making the people bellow as small as ants. The waves of the ocean splash against the ground, which satisfies you for some odd reason.
As you were just about to turn away from the window, something caught your eye.
You squint through the glass, trying to locate what you just saw.
There it was again.
A fin.
You face drains pale.
By now, the cart stops moving as you turn to see the doors opening slowly.
You burst out, nearly knocking over two children with enormous lollipops while doing so.
"Hey! Watch it you!" A man says as you push past him.
You hurry down some wooden stairs that lead to a small beach. Your jacket blows in the wind as you stand at the edge of the ocean, your white sneakers getting soaked.
You glance around, making sure nobody was nearby, then jumped into the ocean.
Immediately, the cold water hit you like a speeding train, but you didn't care. Your clothes stuck to you body like tape as you took a deep breath and dived underwater.
Thank goodness you had all those swimming lessons when you were little.
You struggle your eyes open and looked around, looking for any sign of glowing.
You squint and spot a small light in the distance. You swim furiously towards it.
You break into tears, slamming yourself into the enormous blue creature, which splashes in surprise.
Moon.
His eyes widened as he places his arms around you.
He then lowers his head and kisses you wet hair, tears falling out his eyes as well.
He grabs you carefully and swims far away from the beach.
He pops up to the surface, which in return is greeted with a loud gasp from your mouth.
You sob, "Moony! I-I didn't mean t-to leave. I-"
You hiccuped between every two words but was silenced by Moon bringing you to his chest.
"It's okay Starfish. You're safe and that's what matters."
You sniff, splashing coming from your right side.
You turn your head slightly to find Sun swimming worriedly towards you.
"Starfish, oh my sea stars!" He gasps, joining the hug group with his yellow and red giant arms.
He places his hands around your head like a worried mother, which makes you smile a little.
"Are you hurt anywhere? Who took you? Do you need anything?!" He twisted your head side to side gently.
"Sunny, calm down. Their alright."
Moon splashed.
"I've missed you guys so much." You sniff, hugging Sun tightly.
"You.. You missed us?" Moon looked down at you, shock on his face.
"Y-Yeah, w-why wouldn't I?" You asked.
"N-Nobody has ever told us that." Sun sniffed, tears filling his eyes.
"Well now someone has." You bring Moon for a hug, which he gladly melts into.
You shiver, which makes Sunny gasp.
"Oh my goodness! You must be freezing. We have to get you back to land."
"I don't wanna leave you guys again!" You cried.
"Don't worry Starfish! We'll come and visit right here!" Moon smiled.
You look up at Moon, "You promise?"
You knew you were acting like a child, but you didn't care. You didn't want to lose them. Ever again.
"We promise sunshine!" Sunny smiled.
Moon placed a gentle hand on your cheek, swiping a loose strand of hair out off your face.
"Let's get you back now." He smiled, picking you up with his claws.
"Bye Y/N!" Sun called before disappearing into the freezing water.

As quick as a flash, Moon brought you back to the soft sand. He placed a hand on your shoulder and smiled.
You smiled back, which made him blush slightly.
He leaned in and softly kissed your cheek, before diving into the water quickly.
You froze, blushing madly.
He just kissed me.. You thought surprisingly.
You covered your face, embarrassed but still filled with much joy. The butterflies in your stomach felt like they were rockets, shoot into space.
"Y/N! There you are!"
You look up to see Megan rushing down the stairs, which creak behind her.
"Where have you been; and why are you soaked?" She questioned.
"I may or may have not went for a swim." You weren't lying; you did go for a swim.
"In this weather?!" Megan scowled in disbelief.
You shrug and Megan sighs.
"Let's go home, the carnival is about to close anyways and I think it's going to rain soon!" She placed an arm over your shoulder, smiling.
You smiled back.
Together, you walk back to Megan's small car in the parking lot, your hopes lifted to what seemed to be a million miles.