06

3rd's POV

"It's about the Chibi. Something happened to him." Dazai started confirming the discussion they had days ago.

Everyone in the room stared dumbfounded at the tall brunet declaration. It's been years.

Why is he suddenly concern about what happened to the petite mafioso?

That was the statement that are all plastered across their faces.

The weretiger was the first to break the silence. "Hmm...Dazai-san." He scrunched his nose before continuing."I think you need to further elaborate the situation to us."

"Atsushi is right. Don't be too vague on your statement unless this is just one way for you to slack off and not finish your report!" The blond eyed-glasses looked at him furiously.

Dazai went to sit on the couch and crossed his legs. "I knew everyone's thinking that it's quite too late for me to pay attention to the chibi's sudden disappearance 2 years ago. But during those years I knew he was in a long mission to France so I didn't bother his whereabouts."

"So Tachihara didn't lie to me." The straw hat kid mumbled. "Oh! I better give him my newly harvested vegetables and a bottle of fresh cow milk as my apology." Kenji commented as he reached his phone to send a message.

"That's only a half truth. If I'm not mistaken the Chibi came back about three to four months ago. Considering his significance to the Port Mafia's dealings, Mori should have send him to multiple missions by now. And yet during the passed months, we haven't seen a trace of him during our held meetings." The brunet made his conjectures.

"We talked about Nakahara-san disappearance days ago. You were not a bit interested in the matter. So what are you pointing now?" Kunikida asked impatiently.

"That something did happen to Mr. Fancy Hat while he's away on a mission." The beret hat gave the answer.

"Exactly. Good thing Ranpo is here.~~~He's the only one who seems to understand me~~~" Dazai teased his partner.

The blond threw his broken pen at Dazai which the tall brunet successfully dodged. "Then you should have come to the President office with me that time!!"

"But Kunikida-kun~~~I got prior appointment that particular day~~~With my busy schedule, I couldn't just leave some time for you~~~I'm sorry~~" The tall brunet put his hand on his chest to complete the act.

"Enough! Shut your trap and continue." Kunikida opened up his notebook and started jotting down notes.

"Feisty as always." Dazai cleared his throat and assumed his somewhat serious demeanor. "I suggest it's about time that we need to throw an operation Chibi on this one. I already assigned Akutagawa to find any information he could get. We will meet him after a week to discuss."

"He agreed?!!" The weretiger was flabbergasted.

"Atsushi, the tea spilled."

"Ah! I'm---I'm sorry Kyouka-chan." The silver-haired got a clean piece of cloth and started wiping the table.

"Pfft~~~Atsushi-kun. Of course, Akutagawa-kun did agreed. He won't dare to turn me down."

Atsushi just sighed. Who knows what the weretiger is thinking on his head right now? He's worried face didn't escaped the eyes of his mentor though.

"Hmm, sorry for interrupting." Tanizaki who remained quiet all this time finally spoke up.His sister was unexpectedly silent trying to digest all the information. "I think we need to ask Fukuzawa-san permission first."

"Yes, yes!" Ranpo stood up holding his lollipop. "I'll do that." He picked up his piled of snacks on his desk and continued. "I'm sure the president will consent in no time. This is a very rare situation for Dazai to solve a case after all." The eyed-glasses detective smirked at the tall brunet.

"We share the same mind." Ranpo exited to go on with his agenda.

Just on time the sounds of heels approaching was heard at the doorway. The black jet haired doctor emerged.

"I saw Ranpo-kun with his snacks headed to the President office. I feel something interesting happened."

"Ah Yosano-sensei! Just right on time. We are going on a mission." Kenji enthusiastically stated.

"Ohh, what's this mission all about?If it's about annihilating humans and dissecting them while alive, then count me in." She smiled eerily sending chills to the younger ones of the team.

"No--no, Yosano-sensei. It's about Chuuya-san."

"Ohh." She glanced at the brunet sitting on the couch. "Finally starting to show some interest, huh."

Dazai just shrugged not minding the doctor's remarked.

"Well, I believe there are a lot of you in this one.So I don't think it's necessary for me to come. Just leave the healing and tortu--nurturing to me.Make sure you guys get back bloody and on the verge of death as possible." She waved her hand and disappeared from their sight.

"Hmm...Dazai-san what do you want us to do?" The weretiger looked at his mentor ready to receive his first task.

"Actually you guys just need to sit back in the shadow. Do not worry since all I need is some backhand information. Leave the action to yours truly."

"Like providing support if needed?" Kyouka timidly asked the brunet.

"Yes! That's correct, Kyouka-chan!" He hummed with his approval.

The sound of another pen breaking was heard in the entire room.

"THEN WHY GO WASTE OUR TIME WHEN YOU'RE JUST GOING SOLO, YOU WASTE OF BANDAGES!!!" The blond just yelled on top of his lungs.