35

A/N: I felt it's a little bit early to publish this chapter but well it's for the sh*tty mackerel's b-day anyway.

Happy Birthday, Dazai (6/19) 🎊🎂🥳

3rd's POV

The brunet was dead silent. The mafioso felt a tightening grip from his waist making him winced from the sudden pain.

"F*ck!" From the amount of force exerted, there would surely be a bruise visible on the chibi's pale skin by now. "Too stunned to speak...d*mn playboy! To think...that you let me come here...just to brag...despicable!" The petite mafioso, though pausing between lines, still managed to mock the suicidal casanova.

Dazai didn't care to answer. With one hand,while the other still circling on Chuuya's waist, he snatched the card from the chibi's possession and started reading it's content.

=0=

To my Dearest,

How are you fairing?

It's been two years since we parted and  not a day had passed that I long for you.

This time I'll be sure to capture your heart and hope that my feelings would be reciprocated.

I come to finally glance at your beauty once again.

We will surely meet each other.

Your genuine admirer,

D.H

=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=

The brunet immediately crumpled the letter and tossed it to who knows where. A crease of eyebrows was visible on his face.

With the eeriely quiet atmosphere, Chuuya noticed something was amiss and took the chance to turn his face towards the beanpole. He then realized that Dazai was in a daze, his expression was unreadable but his eyes displayed such bloodlust.

The reaction was rather surely odd since receiving a love letter should not be like this. Why's the mackerel so deadly serious? The chibi found it quite strange.

"Dazai?" The mafioso called out the brunet's name hoping to receive some response. "Oi, still there?" His anger subsided and was now replaced by worry.

The brunet gave a dull smile. "Just where did you put your pair of eyeglasses? You've been 'blindly' asking for some ridiculous questions for sometime now." He still didn't fail to tease the ginger.

The chibi just rolled his eyes."Ren insisted to get a replacement so I'm wearing a graded contact lens right now. Geez, that took you long enough to realize."

Of course it's not that the little detail was neglected for the brunet not to recognize the absence of the spectacle when they met. In fact, he did. He just want Chuuya to lead him to the answer with the chibi being oblivious about it.

Dazai heaved a long sigh. "Right. The cheeky kid." He then added. "There's also the doubled-face doctor and now this lovesick psycho. You sure collected a bunch of creepy admirers, chibi." His tone was flat and monotonous.

"I don't really get what's that supposed to mean." The chibi's eyes trailed to the empty hand of the brunet. "Oi, where's the letter card?"

"It went somewhere in the unknown part of the room where you won't be able to find it." His voice remained impassive.

The chibi just snorted. "Whatever. It's not mine to begin with. But..." He paused. "But you could have at least reply to the letter."

Dazai gave an annoyed look to the chibi. He abruptly grabbed Chuuya's hand and placed it on his cheek, his lips barely brushing the glove the mafioso's wearing. "I'll be sure to give my sincere reply to that heartfelt letter through which your participation is require."

The chibi scowled. "Why should I be included to your stupid acts?! And let go of my---"

"I need your full cooperation, chibi." His hand was firmly squeezed by the brunet. "This is the reason why I came to speak to you in the first place."

"Does it have something to do with the sender of the letter?" Chuuya exasperatedly asked.

The brunet nodded. "The chibi is finally catching up, I see~~" The mafioso hardly pinched Dazai's thigh making him yelped. "Aiyo! Why do you always resort to violence?"

"Why can't you hold a serious conversation for once?!" Chuuya looked sternly at the mackerel having had enough of his shenanigans.

Dazai cleared his throat and assumed his normal voice. "The Armed Detective Agency will be taking a mission together with the Port Mafia and the Special Ability Division. Apparently the criminal organization we'll be against on, is the very same French Mafia Organization that you came across two years ago..."

The brunet detective relayed every information about the mafia group, the put up performance which they are about to stage, as well as the meeting that commenced within the members of the detective agency.

The ginger pondered for sometime before speaking. "So you are saying that they came here in the country about three days ago and are now in Yokohama."

"Of course! My predictions are never wrong." The brunet exclaimed with outmost confidence.

"Well then good luck. With the three powerful organizations combined, you guys sure will have a greater chance of success. You have my blessing." The chibi said indifferently.

Dazai's jaw dropped. "Were you not listening to my explanation a while ago?" He looked incredulously at his former partner.

"I heard you pretty well, mackerel. My ears are still functioning accordingly." The ginger scoffed.

"Oh right. You did hear me out." The brunet smirked. He decided to use another approach. "But I doubt you didn't listen. Listening and hearing are entirely two different things. Guess I was wrong. I thought you've finally grown some braincells in you.~~" Dazai's bold remarks earned him a blow in his gut.

The brunet was forced to release the chibi's hand from his grip. He tightly clutched his stomach groaning from pain.

"F*ck,you really pissed me off!" The chibi hollered  followed by other unspoken profanities aimed at the brunet.

Dazai let out a defeated sigh. "But you need to be there."

"Boss will find it suspicious if I show up with you and join the mission, d*mbass!"

"Mori-san won't know. I already talked about this with my co-members." The brunet explained.

The chibi shook his head. "My ability was long gone. I have no use for the mission. I will surely hold you guys down." Pain and disappointment were written on his face.

Dazai slowly reached his hand to the ginger's face making sure their eyes leveled each other. "Don't say that. I'll help you regain your ability. Trust me, Chuuya."