Hey! Hey! Hey! (Cater x Male!Reader)

A/N:  This oneshot is based off Nee Nee Nee by PinocchioP.))

Y/N is a student of Ignihyde, a dorm that was known to be full of introverts, so, how did he get to know Cater Diamond who was one of the largest extroverts of Night Raven College?  

Y/N, like any student was forced to select a club like any other student in NRC and always had an interest in creating Electronic Dance Music.  Just the thought of working with equipment such as synthesizers or samplers was enough for him to suck up his fear of extroverts and join the Pop Music Club.  Afterall, there were only three members, what could go wrong?  

Apparently, everything.  Lilia was screaming into the microphone as usual and it was a wonder how Kalim could keep up on the drums.  Y/N was now having second thoughts about why he decided to join the club, but supposed that it was his fault for submitting his application without any sample of what he was getting into. Somehow, Cater noticed his discomfort and took a walk with him.  

Since then, the two have been close and Cater even helped Y/N set up his own Magicam account.  In fact, Y/N could even say he had feelings for Cater, however, he hid them and tried to convince himself that his feelings were platonic.  

The duo was recognized everywhere in NRC and everyone knew they were the best of friends.  They were always seen partnered up in projects, walking in halls together and eating lunch together.  Cater even let Y/N see the tired side of him that he let nobody else see.  It seemed as if they were joined at the hip as even their Magicam feed was filled with selfies of the duo smiling and laughing.  It even got to the point where the two had matching profile pictures on Magicam.

However, with all friendships, the two slowly began to drift apart. . .

Y/N mentioned Cater once again to get his attention so the two could resume their conversation.  The two had been talking since before dawn, but, both sides felt like they were alone.  

Y/N attempted to start up a conversation and thought of the most random conversation starter, knowing that Cater would totally be down to respond. 

Magicam DM'S

Y/N: Heyyyyyyy, do you also get random cravings for chocolate?

Cater: Don't you think girls without make up are the best?

Y/N  Immediately flinched when he saw Cater change the subject.  Maybe he just doesn't want to answer anything about sweet things?  Y/N suddenly remembered that Cater didn't really like sweet stuff and face-palmed.  Of course he wouldn't answer such a stupid question, no matter how kind he was!

Cater internally face palmed when he saw Y/N send a message just as he pressed the send button on his.  He just hoped that Y/N wasn't assuming anything bad from that random subject change. 

The two immediately began to converse, with Cater taking a long time to respond because he was scrolling on magicam and was getting spammed with DMs from his followers.  The conversation somehow shifted to Crowley.

Magicam DMs 

Y/N:  Crowley's getting on my nerves, he really needs to learn how to stop forcing his troubles onto Ramshackle's prefect!  But, he's also kind of chill, so, I don't think I want him sacked. . . Yet-

Y/N:  What do you think?

Y/N waited for a while for Cater's reply and eventually grew impatient.  He was already annoyed that Cater took at least ten minutes to reply to his previous messages, but, at the fifteen minute mark, it was getting ridiculous!  Cater's status showed he was online, so, why was he taking so long to reply?