twelve.

CHAPTER XII.
Chagrin & a glass of champagne.

                      THE ORCHESTRA STOPS, curious & hesitant by the array of gasps & surprise from the audience. The dancers startled by a fallen damsel.

Spread out in a —oddly elegant— spread of red fabrics that was her dress, like fresh strawberry jam on a piece of toast, sat Tia. Her beautiful dress making her even more of a spectacle for the rich to gawk at like a circus clown's bright red nose. It did not help that the neckline of her dress was lopsided and her face dusted pink. Making her appear like a drunken harlot. Drunken she was, a harlot she was not.

"Ah, I've broken a brand new pair of heels..." She pouts, holding onto the shoe with the heel weakly hanging on.

"Oh, Mona will be livid after this!!" She moans with worry as she holds both her palms to her lower face. "Ah, I'm flushing aren't I...?" She babbles and slurs trying to get back up on her feet before tumbling back down.

Her dance partner, the one and only Prince Yuuma, trying to assist her before she swats at him with her heels in hand. He steps back with a bit of a flinch. Not wanting to be assaulted nor knowing what to do.

"I do not need a man's help!... I am...purrrfectly cape...able of handling myself. " Tia slurs as she now struggles to carry the weight of her dress. The tons of elegance sewed to her waist dragging her down like an anchor.

Taking steps forward, unable to watch this display go any further, you are reeled back by your own dance partner. Staring at him with a look of perplexity as you pry your wrist from his.

"Do not get involved. You will simply embarrass yourself." As though reading your expression with ease, he answers simply.

"I see nor feel any indignity in helping another, Your Highness." You free your wrist with one quick thug, before continuing towards the lady in red. Pushing through the cluster of velvet fabrics and expensive suits.

You crouch down in-front of her as she curls up with her head in her hands. Many gawking stares at your uncouth behaviour.

"Come now, My Lady. Let's get you home, hm?" You pull her hands from her face gently as her eyes stare at you with a dazed and faraway look in her dark eyes.

"Uhh...mm...hmm...?" Her features contort in confusion and deep thought, as though she just can't seem to grasp what was right in front of her. Like a foggy dream. Before she gasps breathlessly.

"...(Y/N)?" She stares for just a second longer in disbelief thinking you might vanish the moment she blinked her tired eyes. Before she could even lift the corners of her lips to utter a single sound, you were pulled away from her.

Now, within her blurry vision she saw an ornately dressed gentlemen. He looked angelic almost, the way the golden light flowed off his snowy locks and shimmering gold regalia. It appeared as though a halo shined from behind him.

"Lady Dulon, please allow me to escort you to one of the private rooms to get yourself... situated." Elis spoke as formally and sophisticated as always.