four.

CHAPTER     IV
nostalgic memories.

                    AFTER he had found out about your —hopefully temporary— condition, he had practically stomped out of the room saying that someone would bring food soon and slammed the door. He had spent the rest of the day trying to gather information as discretely as he could with the help of his most trusted friend and royal advisor, Alexander. Hopefully, he hadn't pissed off an aristocrat that could rat him out to his father. Saying he has kidnapped his daughter and he'd have to marry her or he would publicly ruin the royal name.

Luckily for him, that wasn't the case. From what Alex had told him you were merely an orphan girl that was 'adopted' by a lovely elderly women. Most biological family deceased except for a younger brother. How did he figure all this out? Well, Stormy was worried sick and had been going around town asking for help and if anyone had seen the poor girl, saying her brother missed her so and hoped she came home soon. He sighed in relief as he watched the hands of a clock tick by.

He eventually got up from the paperwork and research that sat on his desk and stepped out the door of his study and back to the room that held the girl he still barely knew much about.

. . .

You sat in the prestigious room for the remainder of the day. Watching the sun go down gradually as time went by. There was no clock in the room, leaving you to predict what time it was from the position of the sun. You sighed as your body felt numb. The medication causing you to feel lethargic and tired despite having woken up a couple hours prior.

When the prince had stormed out, he sent in the medic to make sure your wound hadn't opened up from the 'confrontation'. Unfortunately, your stitches opened up and blood soaked into your bandages at a rapid pace. After the doctor had replaced your bandages and given you pain meds to make you as comfortable as he could. He advised to stay in bed to prevent straining the injury and if you were to fall back asleep, to try to avoid sleeping on that side.

As you laid in bed, staring out at the vast view from the window. The door opened to reveal the royal once again. You winced slightly at the sight of him, making you touch you shoulder out of a self protective instinct. He noticed this but simply ignored it for the time being since he had you treated after. Which seemed like a great show of sympathy on his part.

He stepped out of the doorway and closed the door behind him, while you shrunk into the soft duvets hoping you would disappear into thin air miraculously. But, no such thing happened. Instead, he sat in the lounge chair in the corner of the room. A sigh going past his lips and the rather 'eventful' week he has had. He then hunched forward slightly in the chair and facing you.

"I've been informed that you may have mild amnesia. Has anything come back to you? Anything at all?" He questioned, well, demanded that you tell him something despite it only having been a day since he last confronted you. You were about to shake your head no, but quickly stopping yourself as you remembered that he preferred a verbal response. Albeit, the slight tremble in your voice you responded.

"N-nothing of importance, your highness. I- um... don't think..."

He slumped back into the chair before urging you forward. "You don't think?" He arched a brow at the rather vague answer to a rather straight forward question. You clenched the duvet between your fingers.